2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes done ok this season. A couple of bad performances and a couple of bad mistakes but hes hardly the only one this year?

Hes an easy target. Yet on Saturday it was another example of him coming on and us regaining control of the match. Palace didnt threaten again once in the match.

I'm seeing improvement from both DCL and Davies and I'd much rather them be off sightseeing in New York than on the lash in Magaluf or Benidorm. They're on a few days off. Who cares what clothes they wear.
I don’t care, I just think he looks like a bellend.

You’re mad if you think Davies has done ok this season. The lad is a massive disappointment and hasn’t progressed at all since he scored against Man City in 2017.

Why can’t he move Sigurdsson out of the team? Or Schneiderlin and Delph for that matter? None are world beaters and are all bigger targets for the fans.

I just get the feeling with Davies his priorities/passion is:

1. Fashion

2. Football

Now if he was as talented as Ronaldo I wouldn't care less if he spent his free time galavanting around cat walks but he's not progressed in 3 years and if anything you could argue he has regressed therefore for me if he was serious about making it as a top professional he needs to be putting in serious effort - first on the training ground and last off it.

I just cant see it and think he spends most his time planning his next extravagant outfit rather than hitting the gym / training ground.
Maybe some people on here just have unhealthy fascination in what clothes he chooses to wear away from the training ground.

I actually applaud his self-awareness to know he's probably not at the right level yet and is happy to bide his time. Too many kids in the Premier League get a taste of the action, have a few good games and then try and engineer a move. He's a blue and has shown he'll play anywhere on the pitch if and when he's told, and give it his all when he does play.

Tom obviously has some shortcomings in his game but I'd rather him coming off the bench instead of another mercenary that is here to pick up a cheque. Characters like his can also be great for the changing room and helping players connect to the local fanbase.

Absolutely love him and love his goading of the ‘I don’t actually care, I’m just saying’ brigade.
Without a doubt deserves the armband again.

Reactions: sdk
I just get the feeling with Davies his priorities/passion is:

1. Fashion

2. Football

Now if he was as talented as Ronaldo I wouldn't care less if he spent his free time galavanting around cat walks but he's not progressed in 3 years and if anything you could argue he has regressed therefore for me if he was serious about making it as a top professional he needs to be putting in serious effort - first on the training ground and last off it.

I just cant see it and think he spends most his time planning his next extravagant outfit rather than hitting the gym / training ground.

I heard he even drove to training the other day. If he really cared, he’d sprint from Alderley Edge or wherever he DARES to have a house.

The problem for me is that he's never pictured in his training clobber, covered in mud on a damp footie pitch is he? The lad hasnt progressed since his debut under Koeman yet he spends more time galavanting around Paris & New York dressed like that bloke in town who sings out a plazzy kids mic.

He needs to decide what he wants in life - to be a footballer or fashion icon - if its the former stop arsing around and get on the training ground and start earning your money.

According to my instagram I'm only ever on holiday or at a festival.

'kin wish that was actually the case

Maybe some people on here just have unhealthy fascination in what clothes he chooses to wear away from the training ground.
Or otherwise seek out any and every opportunity to criticise players they don’t like, for whatever reason, waiting for their moment to pounce like a Preying Mantis.

There are a vocal minority who will always look for faults and in their defence claim they are realists, but the truth is that they just can’t help themselves, they love hating.

I actually applaud his self-awareness to know he's probably not at the right level yet and is happy to bide his time. Too many kids in the Premier League get a taste of the action, have a few good games and then try and engineer a move. He's a blue and has shown he'll play anywhere on the pitch if and when he's told, and give it his all when he does play.

Tom obviously has some shortcomings in his game but I'd rather him coming off the bench instead of another mercenary that is here to pick up a cheque. Characters like his can also be great for the changing room and helping players connect to the local fanbase.
How noble of him to not kick up a fuss whilst picking up his millions. A true hero.

You think Davies will help players connect to the local fanbase? I can’t remember the last time I seen a fan walking down County Road with a Louis Vuitton bathrobe on.

I think that’s about as detached from the average match-going Everton fan as you could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.