Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Affairs thread for your chatter.

Also, looking over the post, I wouldn’t accuse someone of struggling with long words when you repeatedly spell ‘paid’ wrong.
You're the one who refuses to discuss Brands' activities, try to keep it on topic.

Off-topic again.

“I can’t believe we didn’t sign Jadon Sancho after City for £7m” is basically the argument you’re unsurprisingly supporting here.
Hmm, I'd be interested if you could vault me on that.

My argument, in the one sentence you requested, is that the work of a dof can only be appraised in the context of their competitors and that requires us to look at players bought by other clubs.

Hmm, I'd be interested if you could vault me on that.

My argument, in the one sentence you requested, is that the work of a dof can only be appraised in the context of their competitors and that requires us to look at players bought by other clubs.

Shall we look at Vinicius Junior signed by Real Madrid for a little over what we paid for Iwobi? That’s comparing the work of our DoF with a competitors.

I use Real Madrid as an example as it’s hilarious to think Watford are our competitor.

Shall we look at Vinicius Junior signed by Real Madrid for a little over what we paid for Iwobi? That’s comparing the work of our DoF with a competitors.

I use Real Madrid as an example as it’s hilarious to think Watford are our competitor.
They literally compete with us in the same competition, whereas Real Madrid do not.

Besides, Sarr was just an example. You are the one saying that we should never compare our signings with any other signing in hindsight. Ever. Which is an extreme position but your Real Madrid example demonstrates that you can only deal in extremes, as does your Jason Sancho comment earlier. Nuance is clearly not your strong suit.

They literally compete with us in the same competition, whereas Real Madrid do not.

Besides, Sarr was just an example. You are the one saying that we should never compare our signings with any other signing in hindsight. Ever. Which is an extreme position but your Real Madrid example demonstrates that you can only deal in extremes, as does your Jason Sancho comment earlier. Nuance is clearly not your strong suit.

The point in Sarr is a rather simple one so I’ll spell it out for you one last time: Watford signed this player in early August and not a single poster was in the transfer thread, the Brands thread or any thread complaining about it.

If you aren’t going to complain about us not getting him then you can’t complain about us not getting him now.

Very clear & simple.

The point in Sarr is a rather simple one so I’ll spell it out for you one last time: Watford signed this player in early August and not a single poster was in the transfer thread, the Brands thread or any thread complaining about it.

If you aren’t going to complain about us not getting him then you can’t complain about us not getting him now.

Very clear & simple.
It's not about Sarr. Never was. You claimed that unless someone has personally scouted a player and called for them to be signed prior to them signing for someone else then they can't, at any point in the future, say that it was a missed opportunity and something that the dof should have considered. I say that is nonsense.

Very clear & simple.

So...should we expect our full time highly rated DOF to sign players ahead of other clubs before they have a 'breakout' season?

@Nymzee says no...

@windymiller says yes

In similar news, Sarr was already rated as a top prospect in France...

It's not about Sarr. Never was. You claimed that unless someone has personally scouted a player and called for them to be signed prior to them signing for someone else then they can't, at any point in the future, say that it was a missed opportunity and something that the dof should have considered. I say that is nonsense.

Totally agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.