2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To see us change so much in form since silva went is unreal really, with the same players who could not care less most weeks,now they have a boss who is a Top Dog in every sense that the players should never show him disrespect the way they may have with other previous mangers

View attachment 78804
Tough run of games coming up. Everyone's going a bit overboard on the praise at the moment.

Tough run of games coming up. Everyone's going a bit overboard on the praise at the moment.
To be fair i dont think they are, as we could have carried on not winning nearly every week,so its a decent change that we have started to win quite a bit, maybe that may change soon we will see,but i would feel more confident at least thinking we may win games than not thinking we have a chance,think we will beat the likes of man utd for example and maybe have a decent chance at arsenal

I think how well we do in the upcoming fixtures depends on the fitness of Gomes. No one else in our squad is able to dictate the tempo of our play like Gomes. It’s going to be a big ask for him to hit the ground running, but we need him to if we are going to carry on this run.

He truly is a class act, love the way he acknowledges Dunc’s contribution.
What a difference to BFS who tried to take the credit for the win over West Ham in Rhino’s last game as caretaker
A good manager gives credit and praise where due, and takes the flak away from those under him.

A great manager does that whilst telling the truth and being honest in his assessments. I think Ancelotti is doing that at the moment. Long may it continue.

That’s the thing. A bad run and he’ll be public enemy number one!

Tough gig being a football manager nowadays. We are still very much in the honeymoon phase. It will be next season when we will be able to properly appraise how he is doing.

Good thing is Mosh and his boss will probably want to pour even more cash in now they have a big name manager.

That’s the thing. A bad run and he’ll be public enemy number one!

Tough gig being a football manager nowadays. We are still very much in the honeymoon phase. It will be next season when we will be able to properly appraise how he is doing.

Good thing is Mosh and his boss will probably want to pour even more cash in now they have a big name manager.
Love your username mate.

We’ve beat no one though.
I know it's a tongue in cheek comment, but one thing that frustrated me about Everton over many a season is the inability to beat the 'lesser' teams home and away. If we did that against the bottom 6, we'd have 36 points before even having to worry about the middle tier teams let alone the top ones where our performance levels are just diabolical.

Beating the no ones would give us a great base to build a decent season upon. Hopefully we have a manager now that can deliver this aspect of the season to us.

Sure, but did you see the games that Silva blew earlier this season. Silva's PL record this season before he was sacked.

Wins: Watford (H), Wolves (H), West Ham (H), Soton (A)
Losses: Villa (H), Bournemouth (A), Sheffield U (H), Man City (A), Burnley (A), Brighton (A), Norwich (A), Leiciester (H), Liverpool (H)
Draws: Palace (A), Spurs (H)

4-9-2 with 5-6 losses to teams traditionally in the bottom half of the table. No way Silva would have gone through the recent stretch with nearly the record as Carlo. His tactics were were incredibly ineffective against teams who sat deep or ceded possession. For a man who wanted to possess the ball Silva had very few ideas about how to actually score.

He is one of the dozens of possession-driven charlatans that have failed upwards as teams around the world try to mimic Barcelona of a decade ago. However the successful football world has largely left that style behind, as its pace and aggression that win in today's football.

I know it's a tongue in cheek comment, but one thing that frustrated me about Everton over many a season is the inability to beat the 'lesser' teams home and away. If we did that against the bottom 6, we'd have 36 points before even having to worry about the middle tier teams let alone the top ones where our performance levels are just diabolical.

Beating the no ones would give us a great base to build a decent season upon. Hopefully we have a manager now that can deliver this aspect of the season to us.
The Moyes formula!

We’ve beat no one though.

There isn't much of "anyone" to speak of in the league. Liverpool, City and Leicester certainly on points and goal differential, and perhaps Chelsea. Everyone else is either right there with us in the Europa scrap, or well behind.

In any event, Carlo has changed the conversation from 18th and possible relegation to Europe, so I'd say he's been doing a job even if it's been against weaker resistance. As any number of other posters are saying, we'll learn a lot more about where we're at in the next two months. Duncan's time at the wheel would seem to suggest that the next few sides are nothing to be afraid of, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.