2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...could never run the line on his own, IMO, not strong or brave enough, unlike Richarlison...who is fearless.

I saw DCL pull out of headed duels again today. He really needs to put himself about a lot more. He's a professional and he should be getting his head in on 50/50 balls, not bricking it and flinching from them.
He has run the line on his own on at least 6 or seven occasions especially away from home and done ok.He is learning all the time.Fantastic signing.already played under different managers here and has emerged as a player with real promise.Dave we cannot move immediately in to the top echelon of clubs clubs so what is the point slagging him off when he is showing real promise.
Even Joe Royle and Sharpie had big time doubters, they turned out OK.Hes not in their class obviously Let's hope he continues to progress.Stop slagging him off and move on to your next player.There's plenty to choose from.

Proper match going blues, supporting the team, real fans.

99EF62F9-A50F-4333-B88B-6096103CBCB5.png

Lukaku is a low work-rate striker that doesn't care to track back. Whether or not you care depends on how your team sets up. He wouldn't last five minutes under Klopp, and there's a reason Mourinho let him go. But for most sides, it's an aggravation rather than an issue.

Few players approach perfection; Pele and Messi are legends because they did. DCL remains wasteful as strikers go; he should be getting his noggin on the end of Bernard's pass, and he shouldn't be blazing sitters over the bar from six yards out like Altidore. He's scoring because we're creating a lot more quality chances post-Silva and, as Saint Domingo points out, he's much more frequently getting into spaces where he has an opportunity to convert.

It's OK for DCL to be an unfinished article at 21. The big thing that's missing remains the clinical finishing. I wouldn't expect him to go on Richarlison's long run, split two defenders and then slot home flawlessly in the far corner right now. I'll take slotting one of three great chances and springing Richarlison with his header for another.
Lukaku missed many "sitters" still slotted loads too tho. Arsed about his work rate like? How many goals in his last season with us? Also how many goals is DCL on now? Still a quarter of the season to go too

...could never run the line on his own, IMO, not strong or brave enough, unlike Richarlison...who is fearless.

I saw DCL pull out of headed duels again today. He really needs to put himself about a lot more. He's a professional and he should be getting his head in on 50/50 balls, not bricking it and flinching from them.

6th in the league in ALL positions for aerial duels won. Yet again, I make you look a fool.

Only 2 strikers ahead of him both trash.

In all probability that's because Dom is a fairly handsome chap and doesn't fancy having his face rearranged. Richarlison on the other hand has a face like an anteater who suffers from domestic abuse, so probably flies into those aerial duels hoping for a bit of rearranging.

Status
Not open for further replies.