New Everton Stadium Discussion

I reckon we’ll gradually start to see the stadium capacity raising as the building work goes on. It’s what Spurs done with their ground.
We can only but hope. The Spurs lads said this is a bit of a myth as it only grew a few hundred seats or so in the end. They had different versions of the stadium beforehand that steadily increased over time, but the version they have now was going to be 61k anyhow.

It's about 1000 extra from the initial planning app and about 200 since the build was completed; we're up to 62,303 now.

There weren't any structural change in that time, just the architect and club refining the seat layout as the build went on (and since - e.g. this MASSIVE announcement of 89 new seats - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...y-for-second-time-since-opening-a4316086.html :D).

Capacity may well be a fixed by the planning process. Any site will have maximum capacity potential based on its general logistics, accessibility, transport and any number of site specific factors. The issue may be as localised as how many people/emergeny vehicles can get through the listed dock wall entrances (and alternative routes) in a given time, to give efficient access/dispersal/external-circulation rates, or the extended issues of say fly-parking in the surrounding residential areas, and levels of congestion resulting from excessive private transport usage if public transport targets cannot be met. Any of those factors might easily cause a capacty-cap. If they cannot be mitigated against effectively, then that would be permanent. Indeed, that might be why 52k has been stipulated even after both consultation periods showed a public preference for a greater capacity. At the pre-consultation meetings with shareholders and other fan-groups, the club let slip that they have had quite a task in modelling people-movement in and around the site, even at a 52k capacity.

Eat [Poor language removed] kopites

53A587DE-30A6-434B-9285-133F0AADCC79.jpeg

The City of Liverpool is welcome for the investment we are going to bring to this area.

Yep, this news only just come out today but I bet this is one of a fair few projects now that we will hear from. These would have been sitting on this for months and months and will probably have a good understanding of the plans Everton have. Right outside the new stadium eh, they are basically just printing money for themselves ;)

May be this is why I said yes to the Guard of honour -albeit totally misplaced the more I think of it ( I still feel like spewing when I remember being at Wembley and the fans started the "Merseyside " chant ,I just couldn't do it ,so I have no idea why I voted yes ) may be just may be the thought of this stadium and the total heartache it will cause the ( in the loosest sense of the word ) fans from across the park .It won't matter who wins the league this year if we get planning through .I vcan only imagine the fume coming from our dear neighbours across the park .

Yep, this news only just come out today but I bet this is one of a fair few projects now that we will hear from. These would have been sitting on this for months and months and will probably have a good understanding of the plans Everton have. Right outside the new stadium eh, they are basically just printing money for themselves ;)

All the fat cats with inside information know it's happening, investing in the land before it shoots up after planning permission is approved.

Who would have thought that a few years ago eh? @Brisan123

Almost like there is a long game being played.

Lets be honest, none of us knew anything. I certainly didnt. But what, 3 years ago or so, a believable and cogent narrative began. Looks like we were not a billion miles off.

I think we'll start seeing things like this come at regular intervals now. Behind the scenes there'll be those that have seen/know the absolute intrinsic details of Evertons plans and will want to jump on board. Whether that be more hotels, shops, rental blocks, evening entertainment I don't know but it'll gain traction from here on in.