Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't do it.

But think if the situation arises the club will probably go ahead with it. In fairness it puts the players and club in a difficult situation. They know the fans won't be happy if there is a guard of honour. Equally they know it won't be a good look not to do it to the outside world. The media will have a field day and it will put the club in a negative light. Maybe not what is needed if we are trying to persuade summer signings or looking to get sponsors onboard.

The club have got to balance a few different things if this is a decision they need to make. Whilst we shouldn't do it, I hope people bear in mind the are different angles to this if the club decide a guard of honour is necessary.

Is every team they play until the end of the season going to give them the guard of honour?

Personally, I'm not even bothered.

they cant have a guard of honour as the teams come out and win the league at the same time!
i could see coleman and marco silva doing it,not now though!

I feel like “you lost the league at Goodison Park” last year and a potential guard of honour this season falls under the category of “if you dish it out be prepared to take it”. We’ve revelled in their not winning the league for three decades, we’ve enjoyed the “final piece of the jigsaw” “next year is our year”, Rafael’s meltdowns, Gerrard’s slip. There’s been loads. Is a guard of honour really that big of a deal? Also is it even worthy of concern? Concern warranting such a mass discussion?

No way I hate them like most good blues....

I hate them, but to be clear, hating them isn't a criteria for being a good blue.

Players do the guard of honour as a sign of respect, they choose to do this, they aren't forced by anyone. I understand why those would be unhappy with it, but ultimately we would give anyone else in the league a guard of honour whether we liked them or not.

Comes down to the players at the end of the day. Unless the club tell them there is no chance, I'd imagine the players will do it.

If this is the norm and tradition then to not do so due to petty jealousy and bitterness would be beyond pathetic.

And we try to claim we're not bitter and small time.

Man the F up.

I feel like “you lost the league at Goodison Park” last year and a potential guard of honour this season falls under the category of “if you dish it out be prepared to take it”. We’ve revelled in their not winning the league for three decades, we’ve enjoyed the “final piece of the jigsaw” “next year is our year”, Rafael’s meltdowns, Gerrard’s slip. There’s been loads. Is a guard of honour really that big of a deal? Also is it even worthy of concern? Concern warranting such a mass discussion?

To be fair mate its a forum, mass discussion is a good thing.

You'll need the wisdom of Solomon to sort this conundrum out.
I'm not arsed one way or the other. Not doing it would give fodder to the reptiles that follow them, oh, and the whole of the media.

Can I just remind anyone saying it gets forgotten about after the match that Man United took van persie off arsenal and won the title that same year, getting a guard of honour off them in the process. Videos of that still float around regularly to this day. I dont want us to be giving them one for two reasons, A - Its the RS need I say more, B - I want to see the media fume about it and us not actually give a [Poor language removed] just to wind them up even more

Status
Not open for further replies.