Match Thread Watford 2-3 Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to be about.. some mild health worries (not severe). Must do better, even better on one or two aspects (less weight, stress (thanks Everton).. etc.

But as far as we're concerned I will settle for a few good performances and a bit of heart from the players.
You still running the sandwich shop TD?

To be fair, he was probably the pick of our midfield (which isn't saying much). Walcott and Iwobi were rank on the wings, and Sigg was ineffectual apart from set pieces. Hopefully the midfield will improve significantly whenever Gomes and Gbamin are available.

As I say, Delph did ok considering he was basically alone in midfield, he was sent off for 1 questionable foul and 1 utter joke foul.

But hey, people have agendas to push.

Daylight robbery, but I’ll take it:dance:
No it wasn't mate.

We were the better team over the 90. Came from behind to win for the first time since I can remember. Had more possession, created more chances and wrongly went down to 10 men (although Delph is still a 'kin idiot for going to ground). We fully deserved that win. It wasn't vintage Everton by any means, but the last thing it was is daylight robbery.

I know sometimes we are our own worst critics, and rightly so, but sometimes you just need to say well done boys. That's was a gutsy performance to come back to win from 2 down, and going a man down too.

As I say, Delph did ok considering he was basically alone in midfield, he was sent off for 1 questionable foul and 1 utter joke foul.

But hey, people have agendas to push.

Delph had a couple of moments where he broke their press and really pushed forward strongly before then giving it away cheaply. 2nd foul was never a yellow.

But there’s no tolerance for any of his mistakes after he acted like a bellend on the socials. Noticed it at Newcastle, crowd were waiting to slate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.