Match Thread Watford 2-3 Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not remotely arsed whether or not we deserved that. We absolutely schooled Newcastle and drew, so it doesn't matter a jot.

We kept going and won with 10 men away from home. Excellent effort.

Going 2-0 down and winning, with a stoppage time 2-goal turnaround in very the next game after Newcastle is just the kind of mental crap that football does on the regular.

Made up with that, clear our midfield needs a bit of work - good for Iwobi to get 60 minutes of gametime hopefully he can get up to speed soon because he looked rusty to me

WE HAVE COME FROM BEHIND TO WIN A GAME OF ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL

I checked when was the last time we came back from 0:2 at away. It was in 2015 against WBA.

Have to say Delph man of the match there don't you?

If he hadn't have been sent off, Watford wouldn't have went for it, and we wouldn't have got that break lol

Seriously, needed a bit of luck, which covered over the gaping cracks of an appalling first half, second half we just controlled if not really creating anything. Delph stupid again, but thought to the end and in true Grand Old Team fashion, someone creates a moaning thread about something not happening, and the week after it happens! Up the Toffees.

(oh and had we not blown our lead against Newcastle... we'd be 6th and 6 points off 4th)

I'm not remotely arsed whether or not we deserved that. We absolutely schooled Newcastle and drew, so it doesn't matter a jot.

We kept going and won with 10 men away from home. Excellent effort.

Going 2-0 down and winning, with a stoppage time 2-goal turnaround in very the next game after Newcastle is just the kind of mental crap that football does on the regular.
think we did deserve to win to be fair,1st half we were not great but they were not exactly battering us,off course got lucky with 2 goals,but the way 2nd half went i felt we were going to win,but thought it was gone with Delph sent off and was expecting welbeck or someone to score from nowhere

I would have had Walcott off at halftime ,shows what I know ! i know Yerry got two but once again Mason for me today .So impressed with him this season and proud to say I never gave up on him before ,a real strong performance and he is getting cooler by the game .

We are so much better with our absolute liability Delph, off the pitch, as he kept conceding possession and causing us more problems than our opponent. Our luck turned for the better. A great win!

To be fair, he was probably the pick of our midfield (which isn't saying much). Walcott and Iwobi were rank on the wings, and Sigg was ineffectual apart from set pieces. Hopefully the midfield will improve significantly whenever Gomes and Gbamin are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.