Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is 15 trillion of negative yielding debt in the world...Everton should be able to issue at 0-0.5% interest rates. That is a very high yield for yield hungry investors. I note Austria issued a 100 year bond...if Everton could issue 100 year zero coupon debt (say half a billion present value) at 0.5%, I think that would be a great deal for an investor. (NB I would insist on a zero coupon deep discount, as this ameliorates interest payment considerations throughout the issues existence)
I was thinking that

I was thinking that
yes, with interest accrued at an annual rate, we could borrow 500,000,000 today and not make a payment until end of Jan 2120. That payment would be:

500,000,000 (1+.005)^100 =823,334,246. Looking at that, I would tell my investor we are not prepared to pay 0.5% and insist they accept a rate more like .05%.*

This is still a high yield in today's world and I am confident superannuation funds etc would queue to purchase our debt.

*final payment of principal plus nearly 27,000,000 in interest

The value of the club could never be less than the value of the tangible plus intangible assets though.

The stadium debt will be more than covered by the naming rights deal, so it’ll be cost positive from the day it opens.
We live in hope, but both spurs and arsenal had transfer market drop offs due to lack of funds after new stadiums

The true value of the club is what somebody will pay for it.
The last share traded went for £3500
3,500 x 35,000 = £122M.
An assumed value of say £250M = £7,142 per share.

The true value of the club is what somebody will pay for it.
The last share traded went for £3500
3,500 x 35,000 = £122M.
An assumed value of say £250M = £7,142 per share.

Where did you get that information from? Had a conversation with a shareholder a couple of weeks back who was considering selling, and was interested to know the going price

Status
Not open for further replies.