January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Villa go down I’d slap £50m on the table for Grealish the day it’s confirmed. I think he’ll go to United regardless though when Maddison doesn’t want to move to a worse team then Leicester.

Normally I'd be frustrated but let's be honest, this season is a write-off. Going with what we have will see us through fine, give Carlo the chance to see his full squad and then hopefully leave us with the time and resources to strengthen sensibly in the summer. Especially when/if contracts expire and deadwood can be flogged.
Agree with this. No reason to panic buy. Out of the cups, not going down and not in realistic contention for that last CL spot. Yes theres an outside chance at Europa if that spot falls to 7th but I dont think overpaying for the players available (if we even can this window due to FFP i have no idea) will make or break that. Let carlo evaluate the team once it gets healthy so he have a more full view of what's needed

A bit of brinksmanship over the Uruguayan lad is all I expect now. If he won't be sold for our evaluation, then so be it, let them pay for the Eriksen deal without us financing it.

I am really surprised that we haven't had a few players out on loan by now. Unless they're resisting going of course.

I think I'll be tucked in early on the 31st and won't hear the window slamming shut

A bit of brinksmanship over the Uruguayan lad is all I expect now. If he won't be sold for our evaluation, then so be it, let them pay for the Eriksen deal without us financing it.

I am really surprised that we haven't had a few players out on loan by now. Unless they're resisting going of course.

I think I'll be tucked in early on the 31st and won't hear the window slamming shut
I think maybe we thought we’d get Niasse and a few loans out the door but it hasn’t happened so neither will anything else

Where’s his best position? Number 10? Midfielder in a 3? Wide? Could he play in 442. Not saying he would come to us. But Utd just spending 50mil on an attacking midfielder and have been linked more with Maddison.

And Chelsea have a couple of young wide players and 3 very attack minded midfielders.

Doubt he would go to city & Liverpool as he wouldn’t be guaranteed games. Arsenal haven’t got any money. And spurs are also stocked with attacking midfielders & wide players.
Pogba will be off to Madrid and Grealish will replace him IMO.

I think maybe we thought we’d get Niasse and a few loans out the door but it hasn’t happened so neither will anything else
Pretty sure Niasse doesnt want to go out of the PL so we're stuck with him. Also no one wants gash players like Martina on loan. They'll be here until their contracts are up

Pretty sure Niasse doesnt want to go out of the PL so we're stuck with him. Also no one wants gash players like Martina on loan. They'll be here until their contracts are up
Yup agreed, I’m never saying they were actually going I just think with the reports that there were several bids for Niasse we possibly thought he was going. Like you say we’re stuck with him because we inexplicably bought a non PL level player

Normally I'd be frustrated but let's be honest, this season is a write-off. Going with what we have will see us through fine, give Carlo the chance to see his full squad and then hopefully leave us with the time and resources to strengthen sensibly in the summer. Especially when/if contracts expire and deadwood can be flogged.
I agree.
It’s time reality bites.
The biggest effort now needs to go into getting rid of deadwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.