January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worries me that there are apparently so many Everton fans - people whose love and passion for Everton I don't doubt for a second - who just can't grasp a fairly basic understanding of the thought process that has to go into transfers by the people doing the job. People can't grasp that if we don't sign anyone in January, it probably means that nobody was available that was worth signing at this time. There could be a number of reasons why that would be the case. But some fans are so desperate for the adrenaline rush that comes with signing new players, that they don't care who we sign... as long as it's someone. I'm convinced that is all that many of you want to get out of this, that adrenaline rush, so you can feel like this is the player to solve all our problems.

And far too many of you can't seem to grasp the complexities of making a deal to transfer a human from one club to another. I see so many posts on here that liken the transfer window to someone putting together a shopping list and going to the store to buy whatever they want. For a transfer to happen, a ton of different variables all have to work. People trotting out the "they should have had transfers lined up months ago, why won't they sign someone" don't seem to get how fluid the game of football is and how often situations, needs, and wants change. And don't even get me started on the people that talk about signing a player "before other teams find out about them."
You are nearly`10 years on here and you come on to a transfer thread talking sense,
Away with you lad ,no place for that stuff here lol

Can we get rid of the January transfer market? Pointless really...cant watch more than 5 minutes the transfer show on sky...cant believe those people are making a living out of just waffling and same crap every day....just making it up as they go along. Useless.
Unusually for me as I generally give SSN a big swerve, but I saw five minutes of it at lunch time and as you say, a load of hogwash was spouted from people who I had no idea who they were. Just mouthpieces each of them. We're they ex players, I couldn't put a name to them if they were.

Its not looking like we'll sign anyone before the window closes. Still a possibility, but looking less so. Would've liked one or two, but not the end of the world. After how things looked before Christmas, I'm just glad we're looking more stable. Its a long road ahead, but you have to start somewhere. We've had so much 'stop start'.

Oh god these freaks on the transfer show make me wanna throw up.
Can we get rid of the January transfer market? Pointless really...cant watch more than 5 minutes the transfer show on sky...cant believe those people are making a living out of just waffling and same crap every day....just making it up as they go along. Useless.

If people didn't watch it they wouldn't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.