January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost as if these players aren't handpicked by Ancelotti as the answer to all our problems after all, and are actually just being hawked around the Premier League by agents...
Or Moyes has no imagination so the WHammers are jumping on everyone we are interested in.
Why pay for a scouting network when you can login and use @Eggs rumours?

@DavyMoyes reveal yourself you swivel-eyed mercenary throwback

Don’t forget the free Steering wheel.
910C3DB1-35FE-466A-AD5D-ADF71E63F75F.jpeg

Or Moyes has no imagination so the WHammers are jumping on everyone we are interested in.
Why pay for a scouting network when you can login and use @Eggs rumours?

@DavyMoyes reveal yourself you swivel-eyed mercenary throwback

Or Everton and West Ham are both in the same ambition/budget bracket and both have good managers at the helm so are targeting the same small group of players that might be available in January to improve.

As ever with Everton its comming down to the final day or so, even the final hour or 2, so i wonder who the press and co will say on saturday that we missed out on because we took to long,or even say who we missed out on that we were never even trying for lol

He was 25 turning 26 when we bought him, which is what would be relevant in terms of resale and prospective improvement.

Again, nobody is saying the squad is older or we should buy younger players, I was simply responding to a poster who appeared to be under the same misapprehension as the one I was talking to yesterday, that we have a squad full of young players who are likely to improve. We don't.
Yet the value of the players has increased since Brands got here. That's the point. Not sure why that's so difficult to understand. Digne, Richy, Mina, even Gomes, Bernard on a free of course. We'll be saying the same things about Iwobi, Kean, Gbamin next season. Just like Brands has done elsewhere.

It’s not underwhelming,Tell you what is, fans moaning about a player before signed him
I'm not sure you get to decide what other people find underwhelming actually. I haven't moaned about the player at all though, I just said that I wasn't sure it was a necessary signing. There's also no evidence that we're actually trying to sign him either, it's just paper talk for now.

Yet the value of the players has increased since Brands got here. That's the point. Not sure why that's so difficult to understand. Digne, Richy, Mina, even Gomes, Bernard on a free of course. We'll be saying the same things about Iwobi, Kean, Gbamin next season. Just like Brands has done elsewhere.
It's neither difficult to understand nor being disputed, so not sure what point you're massacring this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.