2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were too hasty writing that. Klopp has just been quoted as saying the African 2021 schedule is a disaster for Liverpool. Not so pathetic eh?
Yes, totally pathetic. Just as if he regrets signing them cos of the afcon. All clubs lose players it’s the way it is nobby

“I’m happy to play anywhere [for Arsenal], I’ll play wherever I’m told to play. I’ve always seen myself as a midfielder, like an attacking midfielder but I’ll always give my best whether I’m told to play in the middle or somewhere else.”

Alex Iwobi's true value highlighted as Arsenal midfielder joins Neymar among the European elite.
While the winger may have his critics, his impact is obvious when looking at the numbers.
Unai Emery has made good use of Alex Iwobi's abilities since taking charge as Arsenal head coach in the summer.
The Nigerian is joint fourth for appearances made under the Spaniard so far this season across all competitions, including substitute appearances.
He scored only one goal across these 20 games but has made an impression by other means - and other numbers.
According to football analyst Ray Hamill, the 22-year-old is one of the leading players in Europe this season for making open play passes in the penalty area per 90 minutes.

The graphic below covers the continent's five major divisions: the English Premier League, France's Ligue 1, the German Bundesliga, Italy's Serie A and La Liga in Spain.

Lionel Messi is unsurprisingly top of the pile and well ahead of his closest competitor Neymar. Prior to his world record-setting move to Paris Saint-Germain, the Brazilian was one of the Barcelona forward's partners in crime alongside Luis Suarez.
David Silva is ranked third for his work under Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. After he was ruled out of action by the premature birth of his son last season, he has returned to the side to cover for the absence of an injured Kevin De Bruyne.
Iwobi is fourth, and that is no mean feat. He is listed ahead of Eden Hazard, Riyad Mahrez, Leroy Sane and Mesut Ozil with 2.86 passes per 90 minutes.
What does this statistic actually measure and what does it mean? It measures the rate at which a player is able to penetrate the opposition's box with their passing, with Iwobi fourth in Europe's big five leagues.

Alex Iwobi's true value highlighted as Arsenal midfielder joins Neymar among the European elite.
While the winger may have his critics, his impact is obvious when looking at the numbers.
Unai Emery has made good use of Alex Iwobi's abilities since taking charge as Arsenal head coach in the summer.
The Nigerian is joint fourth for appearances made under the Spaniard so far this season across all competitions, including substitute appearances.
He scored only one goal across these 20 games but has made an impression by other means - and other numbers.
According to football analyst Ray Hamill, the 22-year-old is one of the leading players in Europe this season for making open play passes in the penalty area per 90 minutes.

The graphic below covers the continent's five major divisions: the English Premier League, France's Ligue 1, the German Bundesliga, Italy's Serie A and La Liga in Spain.

Lionel Messi is unsurprisingly top of the pile and well ahead of his closest competitor Neymar. Prior to his world record-setting move to Paris Saint-Germain, the Brazilian was one of the Barcelona forward's partners in crime alongside Luis Suarez.
David Silva is ranked third for his work under Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. After he was ruled out of action by the premature birth of his son last season, he has returned to the side to cover for the absence of an injured Kevin De Bruyne.
Iwobi is fourth, and that is no mean feat. He is listed ahead of Eden Hazard, Riyad Mahrez, Leroy Sane and Mesut Ozil with 2.86 passes per 90 minutes.
What does this statistic actually measure and what does it mean? It measures the rate at which a player is able to penetrate the opposition's box with their passing, with Iwobi fourth in Europe's big five leagues.

He needs to add more to his game, but the people who say he isn't good at anything are flat out wrong.

If Bernard keeps any sort of form he's got no chance of starting. He's not a CM in a 4-4-2, which is what we've been playing. He's played his worst games on the right, Bernard on the left, and Richarlison and Dom are starting with Kean being their replacement. Don't want us to return to the 4-2-3-1 isolating DCL again just to shoehorn in Gylfi or Iwobi so they can be "10s"

If Bernard keeps any sort of form he's got no chance of starting. He's not a CM in a 4-4-2, which is what we've been playing. He's played his worst games on the right, Bernard on the left, and Richarlison and Dom are starting with Kean being their replacement. Don't want us to return to the 4-2-3-1 isolating DCL again just to shoehorn in Gylfi or Iwobi so they can be "10s"
Considering we basically decided not to have the ball he was ok on the right away to Leicester. And the one game he played #10 for 90 minutes the striker was far from isolated.

My guess is he will get a chance fairly soon after returning but probably as a replacement for Bernard or Walcott because the formation shouldn't be touched right now. I think a formation with him and Bernard as wingers but a lot of license to drift around while Sidibe and Digne hold the width has potential. At least as much as our current squad can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.