January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....the end of the window is very much in sight, here’s the Toffee transfer round-up for Sunday 26th January;

- Nicola Schira is described as a ‘reliable transfer expert’ and tweeted to say Everton are in talks to sign Gremio forward, Everton Soares and Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino. Negotiations with 28 year old Vecino are advanced, the Toffees are offering a contract until 2024 and have submitted a €15m bid, but Inter want €20m.

- According to UOL, Everton are submitting a €25m bid for Soares in a deal which could rise to €30m with bonuses. The Toffees have sent a salary agreement to the 23 year old Brazilian international.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton will cash-in if Wigan left-back Antonee Robinson joins AC Milan for £10m. The Toffees inserted a sell-on clause for the US international when he left Goodison.

- The Athletic suggest Everton are willing to listen to offers for 30 year old midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin this month. The Frenchman has 18 months left on his contract.

- Football Insider claim Everton have rejected the chance to sign Jean-Kevin Augustin who is currently on loan at Monaco from Leipzig. The 22 year old striker is now expected to join Leeds United.

Bloody hell Eggs, you're committed, up at 5.27 am on a Sunday morning to post the transfer round - up!

Not really. Informed comment is good, and when someone has genuine expertise it’s marvellous.
The danger is the idiocy drives away the experts and genuinely insightful. That doesn’t help the forum. Seen it happen elsewhere.
It’s clickbait or response bait in this instance.

You have a link to this?
Brands: "All the players we brought into the club in the summer we under 25. We don't want to invest big money in older players... We are looking at players aged 20-25/26.”

Obviously it’s down to people’s interpretation as to what “big money” is. I suppose you could say Delph’s fee wasn’t, we don’t know yet what this fella is going to cost

Bloody hell Eggs, you're committed, up at 5.27 am on a Sunday morning to post the transfer round - up!

...ha, ha, good you noticed. That’s after an afternoon on the Guinness and a night on the dark rum. My daughter stayed last night and I got up to put her little dog out in the garden at 5am, so decided to do the round-up. Dedication, but I promise that Friday’s will be my last!!

Brands: "All the players we brought into the club in the summer we under 25. We don't want to invest big money in older players... We are looking at players aged 20-25/26.”

Obviously it’s down to people’s interpretation as to what “big money” is. I suppose you could say Delph’s fee wasn’t, we don’t know yet what this fella is going to cost

16m is the price ive seen, I dont consider that big money.

In the summer we have to clear our FFP credit rating- and that can be done by selling players from the academy for decent sums:

Kenny: £12-15 million
Davies: £7-10 million
Dowell: ???

Get £20-25 million in for those 3 + hopefully £15-20 million for Tosun if he does well at Palace and we have some room for manoeuvre.

16m is the price ive seen, I dont consider that big money.
It’s the price I’ve seen we’ve offered, but as yet not been accepted. Inter want more money. Time will tell if this move happens and for how much.

This from last summer seems to sum up his transfer strategy going forward. He mentions age more than once.

“ Brands announces how Everton plan to target signing new players

Finally, the director of football has revealed how the Toffees will target new players in the summer.

He claims that players under the age of 25 are what the club will be looking to sign.

Brands added:

“All the players we brought into the club in the summer were under 25.

“We don’t want to invest big money in older players.

“We are looking at players aged 20-25/26.”

So although he hasn’t said we’d never sign players in their late 20’s, the signings of Delph and Vecino (if that happens) in the space of a few months, go against his strategy somewhat. Judging by his comments, I’d say any move for Rodriguez would be a non starter, wouldn’t you?

Last edited:
TBF, it was our DOF himself who said our transfer policy would be to sign players “no older than 25/26, and yet if this fella comes in then he’s signed two in the space of a few months. Has he forgotten his strategy already?

having a focused strategy doesn’t mean they shouldn’t or can’t divert occasionally for what they think would be a good piece of the jigsaw.
Signed two already? Who other than Vecino is signi over 27?

thought you meant since CA came in.

as long as the focus is on having younger players brought in then getting some experience here and there is absolutely fine.

It’s the price I’ve seen we’ve offered, but as yet not been accepted. Inter want more money. Time will tell if this move happens and for how much.

This from last summer seems to sum up his transfer strategy going forward. He mentions age more than once.

That was before Usmanov / Ancelotti though mate.

From what I've seen Ancelotti was hunted and appointed solely by the owners and if Ancelotti wants 2-3 players in their prime thats what Brands will have to look for imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.