GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisson is the best in the Prem and Ederson is a top class goalkeeper, both don't need pressure because they are in their prime. Both Adrian and Bravo would be better backups than Lossl and Stek "right"? They literally take turns each week on the bench. I'm just offering a alternative view than just getting rid of Pickford because I don't want us to.

Bravo is awful

Most keepers don’t come right until they are at least 30 years old. Pickford is a combination lack of concentration, occasional poor judgement and, at times, pure brilliance. What he doesn’t lack is confidence. Because of that, he comes across as cocky.
He’s young. He’s got a lot of bad bits, but he’s also got a lot of good about him. He will learn ( I hope). He will improve ( I hope).
Do NOT get rid. Not yet anyway.

Been here 3 seasons. Twice we have been looking at relegation a couple of months into the season.

He doesn't inspire confidence in the defenders.

He really annoys me when I see him constantly giving it out to them and he just laughs off his own cock ups.

Honestly I don't think he's that much better than Joel was. Very average and he's not really shown an improvement in any area of his game that I've seen.

He's living off his England penalty record.

I don't know why it is but his individual mistakes stick out in my mind more than any other keeper we have had. He pulls off some good stops every now and then but you always feel he could do something silly at any moment.

When you have a keeper who you're constantly waiting for a gaff from, you're already pissing in the wind if you ask me. It's one position where a bit of calm authority can go a long way.

Alisson is the best in the Prem and Ederson is a top class goalkeeper, both don't need pressure because they are in their prime. Both Adrian and Bravo would be better backups than Lossl and Stek "right"? They literally take turns each week on the bench. I'm just offering a alternative view than just getting rid of Pickford because I don't want us to.
Both of whom have a cracking defence in front of them, Pickford would be classed as one of the best if he played for Liverpool facing 1 shot every game, our defense is terrible it's hard for a keeper to look good when the defenders are walking around fiddling with themselves.

I wanted Adrian in the summer rather than Lossl. We need another gk who will genuinely compete for a starting place. At the mo JP has got free reign as he knows we can’t afford to drop him. I think we almost need a Nigel Martyn type who can give us 2 good years by which point JP has matured into a better gk

Him and/or his missus don't like it here and are agitating for a move. Supposedly wanted to join Lyon before Ancelotti came in and pulled the plug. Also Chelsea meant to be looking at him too. Could all be BS but seems to tie in with him looking a shadow of the player he was last season.
He looks the same as he has always been since he came here, not a shadow of the player he was last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.