2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it was his fault.

I also don't think his subs were poor. What subs would you have made, out of interest?

The subs he made weren't in any way effective but i'm more interested in why, at 2-1, the system didn't change and the instructions either didn't come, weren't clear or, even more worryingly, simply weren't followed. In any case, he'd be at the very least, partially to blame.

The reason I mentioned subs is because I agree with the view of some that we lost momentum after them.

At 2-1? That was 40 seconds before 2-2 lol you’re acting like he could’ve/should’ve implemented a tactical masterclass change at that point of the game. If you disagree with that then I can’t imagine you having much experience playing the game.

Any manager in the world would’ve instructed to simply get the ball out and concede at all costs.

I just want this season over with now.

At least he has a bigger picture on the current mess of a ‘football team’ he has at his disposal now. It’s very rare for clubs to have a complete overhaul during the summer transfer window but seriously this is what’s required of this mess of a team. Too many half arsers, too many average, weak minded players who either can’t handle the pressure or just simply don’t care, I’m talking about the more experienced players too here. Players like Davies, Niasse, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Keane all need to be run out of town, just not good enough. Pickford needs proper competition so he can be dropped, clearly this Lossl fella is atrocious. Out of our current team only Digne, Holgate, Mina, Sidibe, Gomes, Bernard, Richarlison & dare I say it now Calvert Lewin are the only ones capable of stepping it up for us. The rest are fringe players at best and should stay on the bench or get binned. I honestly don’t care if we require another bedding in period next season I just want to see changes in this team and for the weak minded and half arsers to be shown the door.

No I blame the players being paid thousands to be able to see a game out for 2 minutes.

Your being too generous mate, it wasn't even 2 minutes they had to see out... It was about 43 seconds the gang of clueless knobheads

I genuinely think each sub was the wrong sub last night and wasn't needed BUT there's just no excuses for not being able to close a game out after completely dominating for 93 minutes.

This side just love to embarrass the name of Everton Football Club and just when you think we've deffo hit the bottom (losing to the rs infants) they go "nah there's more to come"

Niasse is not good enough. But we needed a forward and I'm not sure Gordon is a forward.

None of the subs had the slightest impact on the errors we made. Both are largely the goalkeeper's fault. I cant understand these arguments because unless Niasse told Pickford to mess up twice then I'm not sure how he can be blamed.

I mean Davies gives away the free-kick and then literally stands underneath the ball which lands at the feet of Fernandes, mate, so yes, he did have an impact.

Your being too generous mate, it wasn't even 2 minutes they had to see out... It was about 43 seconds the gang of clueless knobheads

I genuinely think each sub was the wrong sub last night and wasn't needed BUT there's just no excuses for not being able to close a game out after completely dominating for 93 minutes.

This side just love to embarrass the name of Everton Football Club and just when you think we've deffo hit the bottom (losing to the rs infants) they go "nah there's more to come"

I think this is the thing though Mac.

People seem to be saying others are excusing the players because the subs are bad.

It's not that at all. It's all on the players not seeing that out.

But... the subs didn't help and only made things worse because they were pretty crap changes.

And given how good Carlo Ancelotti is, I'd expect better, even with the options at his disposal.

I would have left Bernard and Walcott on. They were both having good games. I do think the subs made a difference last night. Davies is too slow to be a winger and Niasse was a clown. Keep them two on and we don't lose the game as we had more threat to make it 3-0 with them on. Bernard wasn't injured or tired as it took him 20 minutes to do a lap of honour. I don't want to criticise CA but I believe he got it wrong. I'd have certainly put Gordon on if Bernard needed to come off

I see a lot of fans blaming the manager for this, the subs were not needed I agree. The only sub that should of been made was Moise Kean as he was running on empty in the end and put in a good shift.
This result is on the players there’s enough international and PL experience to see this out even if we had 9 men!
It highlights what a weak mental state they have and also in game management, they simply don’t get the chance for the second goal if we keep possession for 30 seconds

I mean Davies gives away the free-kick and then literally stands underneath the ball which lands at the feet of Fernandes, mate, so yes, he did have an impact.

That's not the manager's fault. Its Davies' fault for passing the buck.

Ancelotti already has us so much more well organised and threatening. All our mistakes have been individual errors from weak players who lack quality and make poor decisions.

Give this man the resources and we will be competitive. Mess him around with dire recruitment and we will get nowhere.

The players are the problem. They are by and large dross.

Ancelotti already has us so much more well organised and threatening. All our mistakes have been individual errors from weak players who lack quality and make poor decisions.

Give this man the resources and we will be competitive. Mess him around with dire recruitment and we will get nowhere.

Yeh fully agree it's down to the player.

But you said the subs didn't have an impact. They did.

Obviously once they cross that white line it's on them. But y'know, we can't have it both ways. The subs were crap and weird.

They didn't lose us the game in so much that what lost us the game was the entire gang of craphouses collapsing and Delph - our supposed leader on the pitch, God forbid - being an absolute plank of the highest order who I'd happily never see play for us again and giving the ball straight back to them.

Doesn't mean we can't call a spade a spade.

And then the options - yes, they're abysmal, and it comes down to recruitment, yet again.

I see a lot of fans blaming the manager for this, the subs were not needed I agree. The only sub that should of been made was Moise Kean as he was running on empty in the end and put in a good shift.
This result is on the players there’s enough international and PL experience to see this out even if we had 9 men!
It highlights what a weak mental state they have and also in game management, they simply don’t get the chance for the second goal if we keep possession for 30 seconds

I really don't think it's 'blaming' him though.

End of the day his team has thrown away a two-goal lead in 90 seconds.

Regardless of anything else, they all take collective responsibility. Every single person involved.

Carlo has a free half season to figure that out. Everyone will get the chance to show him what they have to offer. The job starts in May.

Not a bad way if looking at it to be honest. This season is a miserable write off already, he can use the rest if it as a extended pre season.

Would be ideal not to bring up Istanbul though, Carlo!

He’s making the fatal mistake of believing these players are capable of switching formations and tactics in the middle of a game. Unfortunately Carlo they’re not, they’re all crap and thick, keep it simple for them. They’re not the standard of player you’re used to working with.

Yep. How can some fans blame his subs? He doesn’t tell Davies to foul does he? And then they defend like under 11s. Ffs the players should of seen the game out them selves it’s not hard to do is it? Oh wait it’s the managers fault. All you cry asses who are blaming him, coz we dropped 3 points, he’s been here a month, and we’re already Better. Wait till he has his own team and all our first players fit this guy will really show what us can do. Keep the faith the good times are coming back lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.