Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom davies is crap get rid I'm not arsed all he does for this team is give the ball away and make fouls and he's a worse player than when he was 18. Not good enough for where we want to be and not good enough for where we are now. BIN.

We all know Niasse is useless. That’s fine. But if I see one more person claim that Tom Davies is anywhere near good enough for the Premier League again I swear to God I’ll question if they’ve ever watched a game of football in their life. 3 points dropped solely because of them and they were only subs. Pickford was obviously poor with the goals but come on, Davies was on about 10 minutes and have about 3 fouls away and led to the 2 goals. Useless.

Would’ve been a fantastic 3 points and performance to get us going into a proper run before the tough fixtures come again but no these absolute passengers and liabilties can’t be trusted to play 10 minutes in a game that’s already dead and the opposition are clearly in damage control of. Still just sat here in shock that I’ve witnessed that utter capitulation and at this point I don’t know why I’m surprised.

So as well as that , from recent memory.

Millwall's late winner in the cup.
Numerous last minute against the rs.
The Oldham goalkeeper scoring last minute.
jags giving ball away last minute for united to score in the cup.
Dignes last minute own goal against Brighton.
Leicester last minute this season.

Beginning to think there is a recurring theme of last minute winners against us , can you really put it down to being unlucky or is it because the time switch off constantly thinking the game is over?

They mentally panic. It's actually every game we're leading in going into the last 10 minutes - you're just counting the occasions we don't get away with it.

I cant watch this Delph/Schneiderlin partnership and our back up ATM is Davies. Walcott is the best we got wide right, we need to buy this window no matter waht the cost. I dont think these players are anywhere near up to it for the rest of the season.....

Delph and Schneiderlin played really well tonight though. Especially Schneiderlin.

Of course that's just one game. I actually take a lot of positives from tonight, the team looked much fitter and played some really nice stuff, Kean finally got a goal and apart from a freak, sloppy and inexcusable final two minutes we were good.

That doesn't make the loss of two points any less annoying of course.

Above all though it will tell the manager who the weak links are.

Well at least Ancelotti will 100% know who the weaklings are now and deal with accordingly. You could see us go into 2nd gear thinking the game was won. We are not good enough to go into 2nd gear. I can see a summer of a massive clear out.

100% right here regardless of that final hurdle there we controlled the game for 92 minutes and if we can play like that from now on there is hope for us

With all due respect mate, your talking absolute bobbins. That was a dreadful, injury ravaged Newcastle side we played tonight who replaced their main striker with a Centre Back. Bruce was in damage limitation for the entire match and didn’t expect to get even a draw with that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.