2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would buy Bernard?

Hes on about 100k a week now. Hes never put 2 excellent back to back games together. People have dug up about 2 decent away
performances.

So say he would cost 25millon to sign + 4 years at 120k a week (25mill) = 50 million

Who on earth would invest that on his performances and stats?

One day Bernie will go and be replaced by a bigger faster more athletic player who delivers more end product. It will be the best for Everton.

I however will be sad on that day because he has access to the magic that makes football beautiful. It's a rare player that has that and does all the other stuff relentlessly. It's why people still talk about Alan Ball. It's why young Rooney going was a kick in the teeth. I hope he sticks around for a while, and the team improves and Ancelotti gets the most out of Bernard - it will be a beautiful thing if it plays out like that.

One day Bernie will go and be replaced by a bigger faster more athletic player who delivers more end product. It will be the best for Everton.

I however will be sad on that day because he has access to the magic that makes football beautiful. It's a rare player that has that and does all the other stuff relentlessly. It's why people still talk about Alan Ball. It's why young Rooney going was a kick in the teeth. I hope he sticks around for a while, and the team improves and Ancelotti gets the most out of Bernard - it will be a beautiful thing if it plays out like that.
And I thought the Pienaar comparisons were too much. Alan Ball! Rooney!

And I thought the Pienaar comparisons were too much. Alan Ball! Rooney!
No they had the skills plus all the extra things that mean they go to the top of tree. It's a rare combination to have that level of skill, and even rarer to have it alongside the work and drive of those players.

He showed a lot when played centrally against Brighton, which may be the first time he wasn’t deployed as a winger (?? could have been other times but not recalling any)
I had him as MOTM.

Unfortunately most of our midfield types are poor on the wing, so it’s a matter of who plays where, but I’d like to see more of Bernard central

No they had the skills plus all the extra things that mean they go to the top of tree. It's a rare combination to have that level of skill, and even rarer to have it alongside the work and drive of those players.
Bernard would never be put aside those players in a pre-Youtube compilation video world

I hope people realise he is truly a number 10 now. Everything good he did today is through the middle.

In terms of vision and through ball execution, he is the best in our team.

We are well equipped at the flanks if we sign another winger. Bernard must fill in the void in the middle unless you want siggy there.

The reason he's so effective in the middle is because he doesn't start there. He goes inside where his markers out wide can't follow him and he gets space. If he started in the middle it wouldn't be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.