Players who have came through the academy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloydystark

Player Valuation: £35m
So I’ve been supporting Everton for 25 years (1995) and I’ve tried to come up with a squad (I use the term squad very lightly) of players who have actually come through the academy to play for either us or a league side and have made a successful ( or average) career since 1995....

Really struggling on gks And I’ve probably missed some obvious players
It’s quite worrying to see how many Premier league standard players we’ve produced in the last 25 years
GKS

Defenders

Hibbertt
Duffy
Robinson
Hughes
Kenny
Ball
Dunne
Bidwell
Connolly
Baines
Jagielka

Midfield

Barkley
Osman
Rodwell
Lundstram
mccann
Wallace
Baxter
Davies
Williams
Walsh
mcleod
Forshaw
Akpan
Dowell
Barton

Strikers

Rooney
Jeffers
Cadamarteri
Jevons
Vaughan
anichebe
Branch
Agard

So I’ve been supporting Everton for 25 years (1995) and I’ve tried to come up with a squad (I use the term squad very lightly) of players who have actually come through the academy to play for either us or a league side and have made a successful ( or average) career since 1995....

It’s quite worrying to see how many Premier league standard players we’ve produced in the last 25 years
GKS

Defenders

Hibbertt
Duffy
Robinson
Hughes
Kenny
Ball
Dunne
Bidwell
Connolly
Baines
Jagielka

Midfield

Barkley
Osman
Rodwell
Lundstram
mccann
Wallace
Baxter
Davies
Williams
Walsh
mcleod
Forshaw
Akpan
Dowell
Barton

Strikers

Rooney
Jeffers
Cadamarteri
Jevons
Vaughan
anichebe
Branch
Agard

Yeah that list is way off mate.

The majority of our youth over the last 25 years have all gone on to play some form of league football.

Would imagine the real figure is in the hundreds.

Yeah that list is way off mate.

The majority of our youth over the last 25 years have all gone on to play some form of league football.

Would imagine the real figure is in the hundreds.

Yeh no doubt, I was going to post what I thought were the best squad we’d produced but then found myself listing any old player from the FL

Ah ok, can we take credit for his development?

Probably not, I dont think he was here for long.

However, he first impressed youth scouts whilst playing for his local team Hale Barns United in Altrincham. He predominantly played midfield during his time with the club. He also played for his school team, Moorlands Junior School, playing any position including in goal and with boys 2 school years above him.[citation needed] He was at the academy of Everton as a youngster and spent time training with clubs such as Stoke City, and Manchester City, before joining Sheffield United in 1998 at 15 years of age

GKS

Defenders

Hibbertt
Duffy
Robinson
Hughes
Kenny
Ball
Dunne
Bidwell
Connolly
Baines
Jagielka

Midfield

Barkley
Osman
Rodwell
Lundstram
mccann
Wallace
Baxter
Davies
Williams
Walsh
mcleod
Forshaw
Akpan
Dowell
Barton

Strikers

Rooney
Jeffers
Cadamarteri
Jevons
Vaughan
anichebe
Branch
Agard
Nick Chadwick... believe he scored for the first team as well.

We've always been good at producing players who have a career in the game. We've been rubbish at producing players that will improve our league position. Of that list, only really Rooney and Barkley have had an international career of note, which is the calibre of player we need to progress as a club.

We've always been good at producing players who have a career in the game. We've been rubbish at producing players that will improve our league position. Of that list, only really Rooney and Barkley have had an international career of note, which is the calibre of player we need to progress as a club.

Must be a tough sell now, as everybody's scouting network gets wider and players are getting signed up younger and younger. As a club we are competing with Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs recruiting kids... The only way you succeed is by having better coaching/facilities or success on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.