January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would still offer more than anyone we have it the minute. I would probably move Holgate into midfield too.

As mentioned - not a long term solution or one for the future. I just think he is a very intelligent footballer that could add something this season.

I respectfully disagree. I think your decency bias is skewing your judgement. Mata had 2 assists against Norwich last week. That raises his season total to...2. He rarely plays, is 31, on 160k per week, and is the slowest human alive

All our links sound like paper talk - however Can would be a good signing.

Right age
Can tackle and pass a ball
Aggressive and has snide in him
Solid build and physical

Something we are really missing in the middle of the park.

Him and Gbamin when fit would give us a real physical presence in the midfield - add a goal scoring wide player or CF (with Rich moving back out wide) and we would be flying.

A loan would be good for us and Can honestly anything just to not see Schneiderfraud/Sigurdshite/Fabian Crab or Davies

I can remember the RS crying like big babies when Can left, so they must have rated him, and the club that took him on was Juventus, so he must have some real quality. I’d love us to sign him. Right age as well. He’d improve our midfield no end.

Only 12days left of window and still all we have is paper talk. It is time to turn paper talk into players in a blue shirt, surely Brands had some ideas of players we would go for long before the window opened. We may have changed the manager but if Ancelotti has rejected them all it makes me wander what is the point of having a DFO. Let's hope we will be given some good news soon. Surely it is better to have a new player at the beginning of January and not the beginning of February.

I respectfully disagree. I think your decency bias is skewing your judgement. Mata had 2 assists against Norwich last week. That raises his season total to...2. He rarely plays, is 31, on 160k per week, and is the slowest human alive

By 'decency bias', do you mean 'recency bias'? If so, no that is not the case - I wasn't even aware of what he did against Norwich last week. I just believe he is an intelligent player - something we are seriously lacking at the minute. What he lacks in pace, he makes up for in speed of thought and presence of mind. As mentioned - it wouldn't be a long term thing. A loan deal would suit us.

Don't know whether I'd like another cocksure player with average ability like emre can, we already have pickford for that. Yes he's better than our current shambolic cm players but so is mark noble. I wouldn't want him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.