2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
lB8id8d.png

@davek :coffee:
Sadly, I'm not wrong about him. I was spot on back then.

Sure, he's getting goals in dribs and drabs against poor teams usually, but this is his best season and you have to take his contribution in the round.

His problem is that he's limited if you play him on his own; with a partner he can be a handful...sometimes anyway.

Talking out your anas feller, who's a better striker in our last 20 years
Saha, Rooney, yakubu, each for different reasons.

Saha by far a better footballer.... title winner at United and a reason they won titles.......

Rooney.... say no more.

Yakubu, if managed by anyone other than David Moyes would have banged in 20+ regularly.

But but but but..... give it a rest mate. Looking extremely pathetic now.

Rooney was on with Gary Neville the other night explaining how the lone striker role is the easiest job on the pitch as you can be selfish.

Calvert Lewin looks better up front in a 2 as he has someone to be the recipent of his ball winning ability and to take the next phase from there...... not the other way round.

Im not looking pathetic - I called Silva for the fraud he was when 90% of the forum where hailing him the next Pochettino.

When we continually fail to get into Europe / progress in the cups people will soon realise we need a better CF leading the line.

If thats with Richarlison up top or with DCL with Richarlison out wide who knows - but make no mistake the DCL / Richarlison partnership just isnt prolific enough- we have scored 0-1 goal in 6 of our last 7 matches - its not good enough and will lead to alot of 1-1 frustrating draws and dropped points.

We need a strikeforce that can put teams to the sword if we are serious about progressing.

Vardy had played for lecister and Fleetwood

Rom had plHed for us Chelsea United and inte, your not suggesting he's better are you

Interesting point..... I'm sure if we follow such solid scouting principles we could end up with a team of Freddie Adus, Bojans, and Anelkas......

May miss out on an Alan Shearer who played for Southampton, Blackburn and Newcastle but hey.....

Richarlison is a wide player but could still bag up top on his own.

DCL on the other hand looks lost unless he has another forward up top with him.

I despair if the club genuinely believe he is good enough to lead the line for us week in week out.

Rotation / squad player at best unless Richarlison moves back out wide.
Shame pundits and 4 managers all say you are completely wrong

Interesting point..... I'm sure if we follow such solid scouting principles we could end up with a team of Freddie Adus, Bojans, and Anelkas......

May miss out on an Alan Shearer who played for Southampton, Blackburn and Newcastle but hey.....

Mate, DCL has done well in the last 6 weeks no denying that

Lukaku has been a goalscorer for the past 8 years

Vardy has done amazing last 5 yeads, luakku has done amazing last 5 years

Lukaku is a far better plahrt, can bring his United spell into it all you like but he scored goals

Status
Not open for further replies.