2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCL isnt doing a great job - we've literally had to change our formation, tactics and shove our goal scoring wide player through the middle to play a front 2 because he's that garbo he cant play up top on his own.

Unreal how he's scored a few goals in a hand full of games and is suddenly Del Piero.

If he was top quality we wouldn't be scoring just the 1 goal per game as we have in our last 7. Yes thats a squad problem in general but a top striker in the team will put a game to bed for you not miss 1 on 1's.

Finding a system that suits both our two top scorers is... bad?

I know I like my stats but here is another one to show his improvement. His first 10 PL goals took 68 games. His last 10 took 31 games. People go on about needing a minimum of 1in 3 well over the last year or so that is pretty much what he has achieved. No doubt the goal posts will be moved again. I do think we miss Richarlison and its actually the partnership they have that has improved both.

Finding a system that suits both our two top scorers is... bad?

Richarlison is a wide player but could still bag up top on his own.

DCL on the other hand looks lost unless he has another forward up top with him.

I despair if the club genuinely believe he is good enough to lead the line for us week in week out.

Rotation / squad player at best unless Richarlison moves back out wide.

How? I’m dumbfounded, Vardy bags against all sorts of clubs and for a lesser fancied team, Lukaku doesn’t score v top teams on a regular basis, it’s an absolute fact.
Vardy had played for lecister and Fleetwood

Rom had plHed for us Chelsea United and inte, your not suggesting he's better are you

Both are boss slotters. Different sorts of players though with different strengths. I like Vardy though, he's a much smarter player than I think a lot give him credit for. If you're weird like me and watch what a player does off the ball, you see what he gives to a team. Positions himself to stop easy passes out from the back for a start. Rom, when in the mood, could unsettle a team's physically.

Only absolute idiots hammered Lukaku

Not really .... man United fans with brains also realised he's a self serving flat track bully who gave the impression he was a top player based on his goals stats he mustered up against lower opponents.

Big game flop... absolute bottler. In the right league for him now.

Richarlison is a wide player but could still bag up top on his own.

DCL on the other hand looks lost unless he has another forward up top with him.

I despair if the club genuinely believe he is good enough to lead the line for us week in week out.

Rotation / squad player at best unless Richarlison moves back out wide.

But but but but..... give it a rest mate. Looking extremely pathetic now.

Rooney was on with Gary Neville the other night explaining how the lone striker role is the easiest job on the pitch as you can be selfish.

Calvert Lewin looks better up front in a 2 as he has someone to be the recipent of his ball winning ability and to take the next phase from there...... not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.