2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moise Kean has 0 goals in 646 minutes - league, fa cup and league cup.

Patrick Cutrone has 3 goals in 471 minutes, league, fa cup and league cup.
They both stink. What's your point?

I want Kean to come good really bad, but it's hard to justify him being selected at the moment. It isn't happening.

Bad mistake to just sell him and move on, he’s young and needs to be given the chance to develop more. However, he needs to bin his watches.
We wouldn't get much for him if we tried to sell him.He needs to improve big time.Harsh but true.

He wasn’t awful, but once again most of the criticism is perfectly valid and some people are just being massively precious about it.

He’s been given loads of excuses but the very simple truth is - right now, at this moment in time - he looks poor. There has been nothing to get excited about, at all. His best moments have made him look quite good, there has been absolutely nothing at all, not one moment, that has made me think ‘this lad is one of the best talents in Europe/the world’. He’s got loads of time to come good, I’ll be really patient with him; when it comes to judging what he’s actually done though, there’s no denying that he’s been pretty much awful value for money so far.

We are actively looking to offload Niasse and people think its a good idea to also loan out Kean.

Hmmmmm
yeah why not? Kean is too expensive of a player to sit on bench, and will benefit from a loan spell. Niasse will not go anywher btw, even if he does we can always play the kids if one of our strikers get injured.

He wasn’t awful, but once again most of the criticism is perfectly valid and some people are just being massively precious about it.

He’s been given loads of excuses but the very simple truth is - right now, at this moment in time - he looks poor. There has been nothing to get excited about, at all. His best moments have made him look quite good, there has been absolutely nothing at all, not one moment, that has made me think ‘this lad is one of the best talents in Europe/the world’. He’s got loads of time to come good, I’ll be really patient with him; when it comes to judging what he’s actually done though, there’s no denying that he’s been pretty much awful value for money so far.
This exactly....he is showing zero right now which warrants a right for patience. He was bought from Juventus with a few decent words from some Italian journalists we know nothing about. And some people trust brands which means there must be something there apparently. If we are judging him on what we have seen, there is nothing there. His touch is awful, he can’t dribble, he regularly gives the ball away when he has time on the ball. He’s dreadful with his back to goal and he doesn’t get himself in any goal scoring opportunities. I’d like to see his stats overall (they never seem to be shown btw) of his pass completion rate, dribbles and how many shots he’s had since he’s been here. I want this guy to be good as much as anyone on here but I am seeing nothing to suggest there is a good footballer there. The DCL comparisons are not valid also. He cost next to nothing and was showing something. He was a nuisance, was an outlet in the air. Could play the channels, even when he wasn’t scoring. Kean does none of that.

This exactly....he is showing zero right now which warrants a right for patience. He was bought from Juventus with a few decent words from some Italian journalists we know nothing about. And some people trust brands which means there must be something there apparently. If we are judging him on what we have seen, there is nothing there. His touch is awful, he can’t dribble, he regularly gives the ball away when he has time on the ball. He’s dreadful with his back to goal and he doesn’t get himself in any goal scoring opportunities. I’d like to see his stats overall (they never seem to be shown btw) of his pass completion rate, dribbles and how many shots he’s had since he’s been here. I want this guy to be good as much as anyone on here but I am seeing nothing to suggest there is a good footballer there. The DCL comparisons are not valid also. He cost next to nothing and was showing something. He was a nuisance, was an outlet in the air. Could play the channels, even when he wasn’t scoring. Kean does none of that.
I’ve said before that I’d never really seen him before he signed for us. I’d seen clips and heard his name but never actually seen him in a game.

Based on the way people talked about him I expected a season a bit like Rooney’s debut one; only half a dozen or so goals and not many 90 minute performances, but leaving you in no doubt that he’s a star. The lower end of the spectrum I expected would be deulofeu’s first season, where he ultimately flattered to deceive, but when he was good he was mesmerising. What I’m actually seeing is a lad who has struggled to even look like a functional option in a mid table side. It ain’t pretty.

Again, he’ll get all the time in the world from me at the match, but I can’t dress it up on here, he looks a million miles from what I thought we were getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.