Not open for further replies.
Gotta say 1st half we were rubbish
West Ham not much better

Thought second half we were the better side
Final ball Let us down again

Service non existent for the forwards

Thought Gordon played well
Didn’t give the ball away. Just snatched at the chance he had

Davis really frustrates me. Too slow and is weak.
Shame as I had higher hopes for him when he first broke into the team

Even though he got subbed on and missed out on the scoring portion of the match I'm giving MOTM to Sidibe. As soon as he came on he started parting the waters with through balls to the forwards. He'd have been a useful asset in the first half, I think.

One of those where I think the draw was the right result.

Our midfield and attack are nowhere near good enough.
Kean's performance was shambolic today, however I feel that in the mainstay our (lack of) midfield is the crux to our current problems and shackling our attack.

Without Richarlison, I couldn't see us making enough movement and passes in the centre of the park and our front line simply aren't given the service they need.

It will hopefully be a complete different situation when Gomes and Gbamin are back to partner Bernard, with the likes of Walcott moved on.

Agreed with everything Carlo did today. And bearing in mind how poor EFC were in possession a point
is fine by me.

Last week's praise of Bernard was overdone: he's weak and a squad player at best. Walcott has pace but no drive
or real talent. Delph is looking like another duff buy. Kean is a long-term project and looks expensive. Tom is a squad player.
Niasse obviously does not attend traning.
Positives were the goalie, Mina, Mason, Sidibe and DCL ( for the goal).
the goalie??? His kicking is atrocious and he nearly cost us the game in one moment. He's not carp but very average. Not surprised the rumours about Carlo looking for another one

Just 11 more points to safety and then we can write this turgid season off and all get on with our lives

May not even need that. Foot of the table is only on pace for 38 for 17th.

If it makes you feel any better, we remain level with Arsenal, two behind a Tottenham side with Mourinho at the wheel and five points out of Europe. If we can average a win at home and draw away (which we've been doing post-Silva), that should get us straight into the group stage of Europa.

Bet it's been a while since a team in the relegation zone in December managed that kind of turnaround.

We were very poor and only had three shots on target. This given West Ham are one of the worst teams in the division managed by Moyes.

Our current XI genuinely isn’t that much better than theirs. Forget about how much money we’ve spent for a minute and look at what you see - the players aren’t good enough, most of them reek of averageness.

As others have said, good point under the circumstances and a point was a fair outcome too.

VAR shocking again, how that isn’t a red is beyond me.

Carlo’s game management the biggest reason we come home from London with a point. Thought Holgate held us sound. Was impressed with Sidibe after coming on. Thought Bernard had great touch first half, I was puzzled when he came off, hope he’s not injured. Thought it was a good first run for Gordon. Think he got a good taste of the pace and physicality. Would have rather had him on WITH Bernard, however putting Sidibe at RM was the right call.

Calvert-Lewin and Kean played mildly sloppy, and just weren’t communicating well. Neither were appalling, but neither of them dominated.

Thought Delph had a very bipolar game, think he played flustered the first half making several pointless mistakes. He responded well in the 2nd half though and I thought he was mostly solid.

I think our biggest struggle today was just touch, of all things. So many bad touches that ruined decent build up play. Bernard, Sidibe and even Gordon handled the ball well, but Davies, Kean, Niasse and Walcott fumbled around and wasted so much time just getting the call under control.

Satisfied to get a point I guess, hope Richarlison and Iwobi returning Tuesday will bring spark.

Well in, Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.