New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cheers. So I have 1-2 more seasons to find a way over for a match?
Im kind of in the same boat, first trip to England for my brother and I will all be based around the stadium and making sure we get to see a match at Goodison before its empty. Screw London and the like, priorities are priorities. Id ask for advice about where to visit from the members here, but I know better than to trust anything any one of them says :D

Does anyone know how much LCC gave the RS towards their hole punch?

I remember when Joe was getting battered over offering us A gov loan which would earn the city millions each year, and one of his responses was that LCC gave them money towards it and we'd get the same...?

£20m. Which was money put towards the external public infrastructure.

About our current home, yes Goodison Park.Many reports indicate that managers and teams dislike coming here because of the closeness of the ground and the atmosphere. I really hope that such a daunting atmosphere can be replicated in our new stadium.

On 23 October 1924, Chicago White Sox and New York Giants opened their European Tour with an exhibition game at Goodison Park.

Everton should invite the New York Yankees and Chicago White Socks over to play an exhibition game at the new stadium to celebrate 100 years since they came over to Goodison - Huge spotlight on the club and facility and a brilliant marketing exercise.

Mosh, my CV is available if required.

Quite like that idea. Tweet the club!

Most clubs have a much smaller percentage of season tickets and to be honest I don't know why we have allowed that many. The season tickets reduce income as per game they work out cheaper than full price general sale ones.

So really you should only offer that sort of percentage we do if you aren't sure you can fill the ground. Another swing and a miss by the club willing to take the easy option thus missing out on revenue.
Or you could look at it as giving thousands of loyal Evertonians the ability to watch their team each week at a much more affordable price. You know, if you weren't looking for an excuse to berate the club... :eek: :p

About our current home, yes Goodison Park.Many reports indicate that managers and teams dislike coming here because of the closeness of the ground and the atmosphere. I really hope that such a daunting atmosphere can be replicated in our new stadium.
That was part of the spec. Hopefully the designs suceed with it.

You make valid points but we have 33000 season ticket holders. So we only get 5000 walks up on day because other 2000 is for away fans if they take full allocation. Your right that people share season tickets but I know blues who aren’t on the waiting list, but have expressed they might look to go on the list especially with the new ground. Like you I don’t read to much into waiting list numbers. For instance we cap are season tickets around 33000, them lot across the park cap season tickets around 42-44000 the rest is walks ups. But let say only 6000 on the waiting list take a season ticket only then looking for around 5000 more walk up fans. Now being where new ground will be we are getting to get that through tourists alone. And that’s me being conservative with only half number of people on the waiting list take the option for a season ticket. We will sell out every home game I’m confident.

I'm pretty sure the shoite season tickets cap is around 28000 as they have a massive corporate commitment which is why they have such a big overseas following due to ticket availability through corporate channels.

Or you could look at it as giving thousands of loyal Evertonians the ability to watch their team each week at a much more affordable price. You know, if you weren't looking for an excuse to berate the club... :eek: :p

I can see what you are saying and I did think that but there are also other points to consider. Even if you had 27,000 tickets it would still be a fair old percentage of all tickets available compared with most other clubs and only leave 9k for general sale. I understand ours is 32k + away = 4k. Those 4000 are paying the most for the very worst seats in the house and might find it difficult to get 4 tickets for a day out. Not really fair is it?

There is also this FFP issue, we are behind clubs like Southampton in matchday income. All these pennies add up and from my point of view they have taken the easiest route. No one is expecting the club to screw over the fans but there is also a point to generating the cash to make the team better so everyone can enjoy their trips to Goodison a bit more.

Quite like that idea. Tweet the club!

That was part of the spec. Hopefully the designs suceed with it.

Already sent a suggestion e-mail to the official site (today). I think it would be a great way to showcase the city, club and sparkling new stadium. Be a boss one-off event to attend as well with two giants of US and A sports. Shall keep forum members updated on any response I receive.....

I can see what you are saying and I did think that but there are also other points to consider. Even if you had 27,000 tickets it would still be a fair old percentage of all tickets available compared with most other clubs and only leave 9k for general sale. I understand ours is 32k + away = 4k. Those 4000 are paying the most for the very worst seats in the house and might find it difficult to get 4 tickets for a day out. Not really fair is it?

There is also this FFP issue, we are behind clubs like Southampton in matchday income. All these pennies add up and from my point of view they have taken the easiest route. No one is expecting the club to screw over the fans but there is also a point to generating the cash to make the team better so everyone can enjoy their trips to Goodison a bit more.
Another way of looking at it is, watching the Brighton game, there were a lot of empty seats. More than likely this was due to apathy after the fa cup farce. I'm guessing a lot of those empty seats were season ticket holders who had already given the club money to attend the game.

If they didn't have season tickets, the club would have missed out on that money

Already sent a suggestion e-mail to the official site (today). I think it would be a great way to showcase the city, club and sparkling new stadium. Be a boss one-off event to attend as well with two giants of US and A sports. Shall keep forum members updated on any response I receive.....

But isn't a baseball field massively larger than a football pitch?

If I look to Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia as an example the dimensions are thus

Dimensions:
Left field line: 329 ft.; power alley: 369 ft. (2004), 374 ft. (2006); LF corner: 385 ft. (2004), 390 ft. (2006); inner corner: 381 ft.; left of CF: 409 ft.; center field: 401 ft.; right of CF: 398 ft.; RF power alley: 369 ft.; right field line: 330 ft.

The pitch at Goodison is 330ft long, so in one direction, you'd be ok.

But look at this from Busch park in Milwaukee and I think we'd be seeing a load of spectators get brained.

busch.jpg

Last edited:
But isn't a baseball field massively larger than a football pitch?

If I look to Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia as an example the dimensions are thus

The pitch at Goodison is 330ft long, so in one direction, you'd be ok.

But look at this from Busch park in Milwaukee and I think we'd be seeing a load of spectators get brained.

View attachment 76778

I'm all for this to be fair, I'm even willing to chip in for a few forum members to get front row tickets.

There's probably only one PL stadium that can host baseball, and even at that one it was a tight fit. I'd get writing to Dan Meis if you want something similar! :D

osbaseball.png