January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

He didnt mean this window mate.

He meant in the future, once the squad has settled down and we have binned off all the rubbish.

Not just rubbish, a lot of handsomely paid rubbish at that. I bet Marcel cringes knowing how much some of this lot are on, knowing it’ll be damn near impossible to shift them.

Not just rubbish, a lot of handsomely paid rubbish at that. I bet Marcel cringes knowing how much some of this lot are on, knowing it’ll be damn near impossible to shift them.

Look im very biased, but hes done well I feel, sure theres been loads of loans, but thats for multiple reasons, players on big money, players worth big money on our accounts.

I said earlier that we ended last season with a squad of 42/43 players, we submitted a squad of 23 in September, players contracts WILL expire thank God, sure we have kissed goodbye to a LOT of transfer fees, but contracts expire and we pay vastly more on wages than we do transfers.

I mean 142m last year, 160m this year compared to our transfer spend of 94m for both seasons.

So lets get rid of the rubbish, it was never going to be easy, but at least there is a little sunshine on the horizon.

I wonder if they will sign new players on long loans with obligations to buy at the end of it? So they can shift the bulk of the expenditure forward and avoid triggering the three year FFP amount?
Would love to see us adopt the European system where clubs take players on 2-3 year loans with an obligation to buy.
Clever way to get around ffp

Status
Not open for further replies.