Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d all have liked to see U23 lads play, fact is though they are being hugely underdeveloped to the point that when we send them out on loan, they struggle. Dowell should have come back from Forest in the summer ready to be staking a claim for the first team, instead he went to Derby, struggled for 6 months and is now at Wigan
Dowell makes immediate impacts on loan then he galls back. He's dispirited.

Fair do's . It may be a bit OTT but I think any discontent aimed at Siggy is valid .

He's been grim this season, we need better to kick on but based on the last 3 seasons I'm definitely have him in before Schneiderlin an Delph.

Sigurdsson was great last season against Brighton at Goodison, played a part in both Richarlison's goals, the first assist was brilliant and he forced the error from pressing for Richarlison's second. You don't ever get that from Schneiderlin or Delph.

I mean, sure - have a different opinion.

But the level of criticism is bonkers. Shows how short term football fans are.

The team is currently 3rd in the form table over the last 6 games, with a very tricky run.
Two badly embarassing derby defeats at the pit are fresh in everybody's mind.

We'd just gotten over the 5-2 and then they served that up last week.

Big opportunity today to settle things down with a win. Would pull us likely to 3 points away from Europe, with our next 4 matches against the bottom half. If Carlo can work some magic, the next 5 matches give us an opportunity to make a very important run, but this one is key to build confidence.

I think we'll see a reaction from last Sunday's debacle today. We'll be smiling around 5:00pm.

Everton 2v0 Brighton.

We'll win this. It all boils down to the manager. Ancelotti has had a week to sort that Sunday performance out. Under him, we will beat the teams we should beat.

Two losses - Man City away, and a trip to Anfield were never going to be easy - regardless of who we played. Brighton are no better than Newcastle and Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.