Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's talking about football knowledge, we've watched these jokers for years, he's been here 2 mins, I think Everton fans have a better idea of what these players will offer in terms of effort on the field

Ancelotti knows more about these players than we ever will. All he'd need is a few training sessions and a few games.

That said, it doesn't make him immune from criticism. No one is infallible. He clearly thinks Sigurdsson is worth a game; I very much don't. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, the odds suggest Ancelotti will be right in this decision due to his experience, but he won't definitely be right.

We'll see.

I;d like to see them play in the first team. Dowell could have done something here, for one. The club have just thrown cash at it and not allowed these kids the chance to stake a place.

We’d all have liked to see U23 lads play, fact is though they are being hugely underdeveloped to the point that when we send them out on loan, they struggle. Dowell should have come back from Forest in the summer ready to be staking a claim for the first team, instead he went to Derby, struggled for 6 months and is now at Wigan

+ Our Academy.

Has the academy had similar levels of staff turnover as the first team has had these past 5 years?

Just wondering if that has been a factor.

We had Martinez come in and want them all to play similar to his 4-5-1 in the first team. Then Koeman and Walsh came in and didn't Walsh start trying to get involved in the academy as well? We all know Koeman wasn't arsed about the academy. When Brands came in I believe he mentioned in one of his interviews that the academy now also fell under his management as well.

Unsworth appears to have been given free reign to do as he likes with the U23s since Martinez got the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.