2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much bigger problems than our England international goalkeeper...

Hear this a lot but I disagree. We should be looking to improve this position in the summer 100%. A commanding goalkeeper inspires confidence in the defenders in front of him. Pickford does not do this. Granted we have some poor defenders but we can get better than this fella. I think we could probably still get a few quid for him too given his status as 'England's number 1". People always pay over the odds for that. We certainly did.

I don’t like him, I’ve made that clear over the years, but if you look at the team and our performances and you think that he’s the problem then you’re actually mental.
If he learns to kick to a player in blue today rather than past our centre forwards, into the middle between our front line and midfield or the stand, I'll be happy today.

I don’t like him, I’ve made that clear over the years, but if you look at the team and our performances and you think that he’s the problem then you’re actually mental.
Has one of the worst save % in the league since he’s been here and amongst the worst for errors leading to goals so he’s he is very much a problem. Just happens that there’s another several problems through out the team aswell

Has one of the worst save % in the league since he’s been here and amongst the worst for errors leading to goals so he’s he is very much a problem. Just happens that there’s another several problems through out the team aswell
But if we’re going by stats he has the second most clean sheets this calendar year doesn’t he?

Just not kicking on as hoped. Can save worldies but always has a clanger or2 in him, I'd try and upgrade but at the same time, not a priority. However, the lad just isn't a good pro, out drinking and sometimes fighting, terrible role model.
This. I never feel confident with Pickford but I do think this is more of summer issue. Far more pressing concerns over the next few weeks.

This. I never feel confident with Pickford but I do think this is more of summer issue. Far more pressing concerns over the next few weeks.
Unless the right man is available now I agree. If the man Carlo wants can be signed now we may as well do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.