2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it in a nutshell for me.

I totally get that we're all fuming about Sunday but the way some people are talking you'd think that performance was completely out of keeping with what we usually do. It wasn't at all though. The performance itself was absolutely no different to what I expected, I just thought/hoped that we would have taken one of the good chances which we were always going to get.

This squad is not very good, it wasn't last year when people were blaming Silva for everything, it wasn't in the summer when people were claiming we were going to challenge the top 4, and it certainly isn't now. How anybody can have taken until Sunday to realise I don't know.
Where Evertonians we are always positive

We have two types of player stinking out the club:

Players who have failed at big clubs and will happily down tools as we are one last big payday for them.
Players who are using us as a stepping stone for that 'bigger move'

Both sets taking massive wages and don't want to be here, we are just the best they can get financially. Is there anyone who actually wants to be at the club?
I have no issues with us having players like this.

We don’t want players that are happy to settle for mid table.

This is it in a nutshell for me.

I totally get that we're all fuming about Sunday but the way some people are talking you'd think that performance was completely out of keeping with what we usually do. It wasn't at all though. The performance itself was absolutely no different to what I expected, I just thought/hoped that we would have taken one of the good chances which we were always going to get.

This squad is not very good, it wasn't last year when people were blaming Silva for everything, it wasn't in the summer when people were claiming we were going to challenge the top 4, and it certainly isn't now. How anybody can have taken until Sunday to realise I don't know.
It's the fact that it was a Liverpool team in name only that made it, in my opinion, arguably the worst defeat in the club's history (that I know of).

Most of those lads who Klopp fielded will never play a league game for them. The Spaniard who bossed the midfield was garbage, the centre-back who's only ever played in Budesliga II was all over the place and that left-back was nearly poor enough to play for Everton. Throw in the sight of Lallana and Origi looking like de Bruyne and Drogba, and it's easy to see why this is a watershed moment for many.

I can only speak for myself when I say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of others feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.