2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t even think Pickford was good.

His kicking out was atrocious as per usual.....punting toward the touchline where the best the receiver could do was keep it in play but had no control over where it went.

Practically every time he kicked long the ball was immediately coming back toward us.

The one stunning save he made was irrelevant in the greater scheme of things as VAR woukd have ruled the goal out (or it should have done at any rate but who knows o_O)..... but even that stunning non save could have led to most Everton thing ever.

If a goal had resulted from the ensuing corner.
I thought he was very good in goal but his distribution was poor and has become more suspect over the last 18 months or so.

What type of player doesn't fit into either of those categories?

Wanted to quote you in the other thread in regards to your post about our last two games being against Man City and Liverpool. The City one, fair enough, top side beat us. Liverpool? That wasn't Liverpool, that was a team that was inexperienced and not on the same level as the ability in our team.

Exactly.They are mentally weak. They never came back from being behind in twenty plus games that is a mentality issue. Any pressure we fold the narrative was Liverpool had the rezzies out and most of them were and as soon as we were under pressure we folded. It's a mentality from the top to the bottom with a lack of leaders on the field. See also the terrible away record we have at the biggest grounds going back twenty years. Dunc wrung everything out of the players for Chelsea and we were under no pressure the following games we deteriorated under him because tactically he's a bit naive. Then the players revert to gutless type. Carlo needs to decide some of these players are not good enough here and now and work on a structure for those he will take forward add some this window and the next.
The trick is getting rid,they'll hang on for dear life.

We have two types of player stinking out the club:

Players who have failed at big clubs and will happily down tools as we are one last big payday for them.
Players who are using us as a stepping stone for that 'bigger move'

Both sets taking massive wages and don't want to be here, we are just the best they can get financially. Is there anyone who actually wants to be at the club?
+ players who we bought for massive fees and on huge wages who are nowhere near good enough.

Tosun, Keane along is nearly 60m and 150k a week.

Wanted to quote you in the other thread in regards to your post about our last two games being against Man City and Liverpool. The City one, fair enough, top side beat us. Liverpool? That wasn't Liverpool, that was a team that was inexperienced and not on the same level as the ability in our team.

I don't understand the point?

My point was Ancelotti has had a good start all considering, 2 wins and 2 defeats to Man City and Liverpool.

Is your point that the Anfield defeat, considering their team - substantiates the narrative being built of players vs Ancelotti?

We went to Anfield with a spine of Holgate, Mina, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson - with Sidibe and Walcott on the wings. It's as bad an Everton team as I can recall.

Much has been made of Liverpools team - a team I think would see most players in our team and most in the league - and how their average age of 24 vs Everton's 26 and how our lineup cost more than theirs - and as desperately disappointing as it was to fail to take a chance to get a win there, I think we missed bigger chances under Moyes.

Sounds like we aren’t going to be able to look forwards until some bad apples are booted out/isolated.

If quotes are true you’d expect someone of Ancelotti’s stature would swiftly marginalise these players.

Team news for Brighton will/might be very interesting.

One good thing is that Sunday’s capitulation is not being allowed to fade away after a couple days.

The outrage among fans and it would appear the coaching staff is gathering pace and this shower better show up on Saturday or the Goodison faithful will show their contempt big style.

The players are at least showing some fight in the dressing room then. Might be hope yet! :hayee:

Bottom line is they have been getting mangers sacked who have decided these players aren't the right ones, so it doesn't surprise me that they would kick off now. It's the end of T2 where the the T-1000 is thrashing about in the molten steel trying to save itself. Hopefully about a dozen of these players sink to the bottom now.

We are in for a rough period, that's the reality of it.

Ancelotti has to work within very narrow confines, the majority of the squad have to be culled and they know it, whilst they'll continue to put their paychecks first. We still have to play most of them in the short and medium term whether we like it or not also.

On its own, that more or less guarantees that there will be a period of disharmony, or more accurately, continued disharmony. A state we have been in since 2014.

I would find it to be of extreme negligence on the clubs part if the scale of the problems were not made clear to Ancelotti before he agreed to accept the job.

If Ancelotti got the warts and all version and still said yes, then we have to trust that a man of his calibre and experience is confident that he has the tools to at least begin the process of putting sustainable fixes in place over time.

Nothing we have seen on Sunday was in any way new.
This is it in a nutshell for me.

I totally get that we're all fuming about Sunday but the way some people are talking you'd think that performance was completely out of keeping with what we usually do. It wasn't at all though. The performance itself was absolutely no different to what I expected, I just thought/hoped that we would have taken one of the good chances which we were always going to get.

This squad is not very good, it wasn't last year when people were blaming Silva for everything, it wasn't in the summer when people were claiming we were going to challenge the top 4, and it certainly isn't now. How anybody can have taken until Sunday to realise I don't know.

I don't understand the point?

My point was Ancelotti has had a good start all considering, 2 wins and 2 defeats to Man City and Liverpool.

Is your point that the Anfield defeat, considering their team - substantiates the narrative being built of players vs Ancelotti?

We went to Anfield with a spine of Holgate, Mina, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson - with Sidibe and Walcott on the wings. It's as bad an Everton team as I can recall.

Much has been made of Liverpools team - a team I think would see most players in our team and most in the league - and how their average age of 24 vs Everton's 26 and how our lineup cost more than there's - and as desperately disappointing as it was to fail to take a chance to get a win there, I think we missed bigger chances under Moyes.

Just on that.

I just recalled this last night.

Remember when Sam was here?

Goodison derby fell between two legs of a CL knockout stage tie.

Klopp fielded a very weakened team and we all thought three points were there for the taking and end a still lingering derby drought.

But Sam shut up shop from the getgo, determined to avoid defeat rather than actually win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.