Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a bad 2019 but we all have bad years. One of the best around at one-touch combination play in the attacking third.

I like him. He comes from deep, he takes opponents on and is always looking to drive to the box. He doesn't get enough goals, for sure. But I think he makes a lot happen around him.
So like Iwobi only without the goals?
Different to Iwobi. Lingard comes from very deep and carries the ball centrally. Iwobi tends to stay wider...and he's useless to boot.

I like Lingard's energy and movement and aggression.
So like Sigurdsson only without the goals?

Some useless information his cousin plays for our women's team Gabby George.
DDVYhDwXgAAqP8q.jpg

More useless information... I definitely would.

Five manager's this lad has had in
So like Sigurdsson only without the goals?

It's amazing to me to see how many people who (presumably) watch other PL teams, but have no idea how their attacking players play.

How on earth is he like either Iwobi or Sigurdsson?

He'd be an asset for us and the limited the way we attack: he's a player that can punch holes in central areas and link up well with team mates around the opposition box.

If we can get a box-to-box MF or a goal machine then great. But why this lad is getting slated I have no idea.

Nope.

I know a decent player when I see one.

I dont feel the need to be herded like sheep into a view of this player as inept. I see inept every week in blue shirts. Lingard isn't in that bracket.
Our American cousins have a name for you - 'Shock Jock'. Will say owt just to create a debate. Well it isn't going to wo....oh, I've been hooked. Damn!

Yes we may as well go for him.. in the well established traditions of us being mugged buying under-achieving Utd players a la Gibson, Cleverley Schneiderlin. Oh.... and pay him £125k a week with a five year contract. Nearly forgot that.

Status
Not open for further replies.