How to deal with Kopites when back to work tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind them that they didn't actually play in the match, or were able to have any affect or control on what happened and neither did we?

can't say i have had a problem with any of them, saying that i generally don't go in for giving it out, if the talk to me about footy i just say what i think, if they are playing good , i will says so,
They all know i want them to get beat every time they play, so the bitter stuff doesn't come up.

I have an office next door to a kopite from daaaarn saaaaarf and when we lost 4-0 to the RS under Martinez he was texting me scoreline updates during the match, but I resisted the urge to respond. This fella is in his 40s.

When I arrived at work the next day, he had a smug grin and held up four fingers, so I held up four fingers, too (two each hand). I then said, "Koff you sad, pseudo kopite bellend. If you'd been born 10 years later you'd be a Man U fan."

We still talk about football, but he's never mentioned any derby defeats since.

Never had a problem with them. I gladly talk to reds or any other fans about our flaws as I talk to them about their own. They do the same. I am always fair, so are they. I take an interest in what they think, I congratulate them when they do well. I look upon defeat and failure as necessary things that provide opportunities for new learning and growth.

I told one yesterday that I had just heard that the result had been reversed and awarded to Everton following review by VAR. His face dropped for a few glorious moments..... :)

I spoke to one red yesterday, I said to him, just don't say anything. he replied

"I don't need to. I'm sure you know yourself"

Exactly. I know, we all know, everyone knows, pity the players don't know. Wonder when their pay day is, they probably don't even know when they get paid they are that rich!

None of the reds I work with ever go the match. I think even I've been to Anfield more times than the lot of them put together.

They've gone easy on me tbf.

I don't know if this is worse, but the kopite mate who has the most fun with me was actually really nice and restrained. He felt sorry for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.