Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the disadvantages? There is no one large holder of shares that could kick up that much fuss at any AGM and if they wanted to what would they say? "You aren't investing", erm...

He could easily like Kroenke did force all the small shareholders to sell up but he doesn't want to do that. So with the greatest respect who do I think has got a better handle of what can be done without owning all the shares, the person who owns the club or gwladysnight off the internet?

The problem with AGM's is that they have the capacity to embarrass the Club. You get small shareholders asking awkward questions which are then reported in the press. Last January for instance Moshiri was questioned about the future of Silva and about funding for the Stadium. Brands was questioned about who we would sign in the window. Those are questions that those involved certainly wouldn't want to answer.

This year there the AGM is on the 14th of January. There would of been plenty of awkward questions regarding the accounts presumably why the publication of the accounts has been pushed back. Buy all the shares take the company private and all those problems go away. That is why the likes of Mansoor, Abramovich and Kroenke have done so.

As for the owner knowing best the huge flaw with your argument is that you are suggesting that Moshiri isn't the owner and it is Usmanov. Given that taking the Club private would cost around £100m to me it suggest that Usmanov isn't involved. Could Moshiri afford to drop another £100m in considering the investment he has made in buying the Club and propping up the balance sheet. Especially considering the future investment that is required.

Usmanov has spite billions over Kroenke and may want to demonstrate that and embarrass him to the Arsenal supporters, billionaires can be pretty competitive and not averse to 'wasting' some to show another one up.

Lets hope uncle Uzi has lots of spite billions to throw our way that he wants to use to humiliate Stan

Buddy texting me yesterday, who is a red [Poor language removed], "Everton the next Chelsea w/ Usmanov lol, gotta earn it" The
Usmanov has already admitted defeat in that battle and sold his shares to Kroenke in 2018, I'm hoping that after being blocked there he may want to show Kroenke up to the Arsenal fans by demonstrating how a club can build a ground without going through the spending austerity that Arsenal did.

Usmanov has spite billions over Kroenke and may want to demonstrate that and embarrass him to the Arsenal supporters, billionaires can be pretty competitive and not averse to 'wasting' some to show another one up.
People who establish themselves in society as a billionaire have to be a little off up stairs, lets hope Usmanov is off his rocker wants to bury Kroenke.

You should get together with @PDAWG
I am sure he feels the same
Might just do that, he seems to actually have a personality.

Anyway...

tenor.gif

He's here because he knows we are minted, simple as that.
I think it’s fair enough for folks to be sceptical about how deep our pockets are, but I agree there’s no way Ancelotti came here without assurances that he would get a budget to make the team competitive. Not up to me to work out how player purchases are funded; I’m just hoping we sign some quality and start progressing.

The problem with AGM's is that they have the capacity to embarrass the Club. You get small shareholders asking awkward questions which are then reported in the press. Last January for instance Moshiri was questioned about the future of Silva and about funding for the Stadium. Brands was questioned about who we would sign in the window. Those are questions that those involved certainly wouldn't want to answer.

This year there the AGM is on the 14th of January. There would of been plenty of awkward questions regarding the accounts presumably why the publication of the accounts has been pushed back. Buy all the shares take the company private and all those problems go away. That is why the likes of Mansoor, Abramovich and Kroenke have done so.

As for the owner knowing best the huge flaw with your argument is that you are suggesting that Moshiri isn't the owner and it is Usmanov. Given that taking the Club private would cost around £100m to me it suggest that Usmanov isn't involved. Could Moshiri afford to drop another £100m in considering the investment he has made in buying the Club and propping up the balance sheet. Especially considering the future investment that is required.

I'm not sure where you are going with your conspiracy theories but I'm sure they make sense in your own mind!

If the extra shares mattered to Moshiri to get rid AGM meetings just to avoid fairly simple questions, instead of spending the 100 million last year turning debt into equity he'd have kept it to buy people out. Or see how much he pumps in this window or in the summer. It doesn't matter, why spend money to take over a club he already owns? Mathematically he is safe as houses. Kroenke bought all the shares because he is taking money out of the club instead of putting it in and using it as security to buy other things. All of which would make for a juicy, conflict laden AGM. Spot the difference?

Your also seeing Usmanov as the kingpin that makes all the decisions, it is Moshiri and Usmanov. Moshiri being the accountant will be the one advising Usmsnov what is a priority and what is not. He may never buy out the small shareholdings, he may have promised Bill that he won't as a signal he is isn't just going to get the stadium, plump up the books and sell (thus every share WOULD count). He may buy them next year or in 2-3 years. Who knows.

You have failed to put a decent reason why he should or why that rules anyone in or out.

As I've just said on the Bill Kenwright thread...SNN are reporting Usmanov as saying he would 'like' to buy a minority share in Everton. That could only be Bills shares? Discuss !

He can help by starting with a £15m a season USM shirt sponsorship deal. That way we could get rid of those dodgy misery merchants Sportpesa
15m.. more like 50m. I'm sure Spurs even make more off their training shirt sponsor than we do off SportsPesa. Time to up our game!

50m a year kit sponsor, 20m a, year press conference sponsor, 30m a year stadium sponsor. Lovely jubbly!

15m.. more like 50m. I'm sure Spurs even make more off their training shirt sponsor than we do off SportsPesa. Time to up our game!

50m a year kit sponsor, 20m a, year press conference sponsor, 30m a year stadium sponsor. Lovely jubbly!
I reckon they do but they can get more being in Europe... etc even being in London might help

I'm not sure where you are going with your conspiracy theories but I'm sure they make sense in your own mind!

If the extra shares mattered to Moshiri to get rid AGM meetings just to avoid fairly simple questions, instead of spending the 100 million last year turning debt into equity he'd have kept it to buy people out. Or see how much he pumps in this window or in the summer. It doesn't matter, why spend money to take over a club he already owns? Mathematically he is safe as houses. Kroenke bought all the shares because he is taking money out of the club instead of putting it in and using it as security to buy other things. All of which would make for a juicy, conflict laden AGM. Spot the difference?

Your also seeing Usmanov as the kingpin that makes all the decisions, it is Moshiri and Usmanov. Moshiri being the accountant will be the one advising Usmsnov what is a priority and what is not. He may never buy out the small shareholdings, he may have promised Bill that he won't as a signal he is isn't just going to get the stadium, plump up the books and sell (thus every share WOULD count). He may buy them next year or in 2-3 years. Who knows.

You have failed to put a decent reason why he should or why that rules anyone in or out.

You have a really loose sense of owning something. Moshiri does not own the Club he owns 77.2% of it. There is a massive difference between being a majority owner and being the only owner. Especially when you are converting loans to equity or financing a Stadium.

Why did you bring up Kroenke and not Mansoor or Abramovich when talking about making a Club private. They certainly don't take money out of their clubs.

The best thing though is you complaining about theories and then coming up with a whopper about Moshiri being an accountant advising Usmanov.

My take on the situation is that I don't think Usmanov is on board because if he was then the money would be there to buy out the small shareholders, to prop up the books with loans and crucially to fund the Stadium. I also don't think we would be taking out short term loans against the TV money if Usmanov was on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.