2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allowing for the odd error in translation from the Turkish, I hear his view of the situation reads, "I am dead happy here where they pay me mega money for doing sweet eff all". Someone gave him an app so he can watch Turkish TV most of the day.

Wasn't he linked with Palace before and turned it down to sit on our bench?

He was linked with Palace when Allardyce was manager, then he came to us. Allegedly in the summer we offered palace £50m plus Tosun for Zaha and Palace said they turned it down and we said we didn't offer Tosun. Depends who you believe I guess.
I have nothing against Tosun, I think if we play with wingers he can be effective, particularly if we play 2 strikers. He seems to bang them in for Turkey and towards the end of his first half of a season he scored some goals and got us some valuable points. But for a few reasons he has never really built on this. If we sell him we need someone else in, preferably someone with a bit of pace

If he scores a few for them they might buy him in the summer. He suits their system more than he suits ours. We are more than likely stuck with him until his contract runs out so if they pay his wages even until end of season and he comes back its some money saved. Win win really although it's still ultimately a loss when you think of the transfer fee and wages against end product.

Or his 75 grand per week till 2022.......
True!i think he’s too comfy at the club abit like niasse and martina.ill never understand why a professional footballer that supposedly loves playing football (unless it is about money )would rather sit on the bench sometimes not even in the squad than move to another club if they get the chance,its obviously the club don’t want you just go and try somewhere else.

True!i think he’s too comfy at the club abit like niasse and martina.ill never understand why a professional footballer that supposedly loves playing football (unless it is about money )would rather sit on the bench sometimes not even in the squad than move to another club if they get the chance,its obviously the club don’t want you just go and try somewhere else.

Lots of reasons :

Money
Settled home life
Money
Weekends off
And Money

I have a feeling he’ll do well there, enough to make some say that we should have run him out more
Can’t fault his attitude, he has an eye for a nice finish, but runs around like he’s got a piano on his back

*not me

Pretty sure a lot of them have got to the point in their careers they don't actually like playing football but few are gonna give up the easy money

Status
Not open for further replies.