Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe story just says there is no immediate sign of him being a shareholder but there is stll much possibility of him "sponsoring the stadium or cutting new commercial deals with the club. " so the story is still alive imo.
Good. I hope it is the case he funds the stadium. But it's a strange way to attract outside funding that the club needs to hand out the impression that it's all covered by Usmanov.

That FT piece does more harm than good re the stadium proposal.

I'd be delighted if it were true. It just doesn't ring true, that's all. Why would you conduct your private business through the pages of the FT?
Well its an interview between him and a Times journalist.
So I couldnt see it being published in the Mirror et al.
He's not conducting any business its what it is ....an interview.
Direct quotes from the Big Man himself not some made up shizzle as in the other rags.
Dont see any negative at all here.

I hope it's all true. But it just sounds like a load of cobblers to me.
I think you need to explain why though Dave, is it simply that you’ve been ground to a pulp by years of false dawns or do you actually know something? While you’re at it, some explanation as to why we should suddenly start taking notice of what is reported in The Echo would also be instructive.

You now seemingly choosing it as a reliable source means you’re being inconsistent.
I dont. I stated I hope it's wrong, but that the suggestion is that it's wide of the mark.

I gave no endorsement, just a comment 'as predicted'. The prediction being that the story in the FT would be questioned.

It is believed that him coming on board as a shareholder – of which there are no plans – would potentially require Everton to issue more shares for it to be seen as worthwhile.

Moshiri has previously said he has no intention of diluting the minority shareholders, which would happen if more shares are issued.

There also remains the pressing issue of complying with Financial Fair Play and so the idea that the arrival of Usmanov, as a shareholder, would come with him signing a blank cheque is off the mark.

FFP is designed to restrict a club's losses over a three year period and so what Everton were earning from commercial deals and player sales, for example, would have to be significant enough to allow for a spending spree that a man of Usmanov's wealth has the ability to grant.

Bill must be in a sack of tears - I told them Kirkby, Moyes and a new boys pen was the way to go.....but NOOOO they went and dropped wonga on everything horrors..but don,t you worry, me and degsy will still be in our club 500 seats ...

Nice while it lasted.
Phil K is turning into a right little blert.
Talks like the club and in particular Moshiri gives him the inside track.
He knows absolutely nothing , he said Carlo was wide of the mark for days. Then once the story broke he penned he knew the lot even saying Ancelotti travelled by train from London on the day of the Arsenel game.
But every man and his dog knows he flew into Liverpool from Italy that very same morning.
He really is a blert.

Status
Not open for further replies.