New Everton Stadium Discussion

Its 'free' so somebody will eventually find a way to make you pay for it.
The tech is not that hard, just big...you turn up and down into round and round and the turbine does the rest...or with lagoons and such the moon shoves it one way through the turbine for you and gravity pulls it back the other.
All thats needed is the political will.
Oh and money, lots and lots of money.
When the power starts to runs out you might be surprised just how quickly the will and money is found

Still mad at the fact they didn't build one across the Bristol Channel. 2nd highest tidal range in the world yet we go and build a far more expensive nuclear power station that will yield the same amount of power.

Certainly something + the environMentalists were up in arms about the impact on the ecology. So we have a French built, Chinese funded*Nuclear plant on our doorsteps instead, as nothing could go wrong with one of those.
* like I said, prepaid potential consultancy fees.
Wasn't french built to a russian design was it.
EnvironMentalists...I saw what you did there.

You'd think there must be potential at least worth looking at to power the ground by tidal, solar (all that roof space) and/or wind.

It should be one of the prime considerations. If there's one thing that's disappointed me with the stadium it's the lack (or as yet unreleased) of info about renewables. On the river, lots of space on the flat roof for solar panels and the constant wind.

It should be one of the prime considerations. If there's one thing that's disappointed me with the stadium it's the lack (or as yet unreleased) of info about renewables. On the river, lots of space on the flat roof for solar panels and the constant wind.

As I guess we don't own the land anyway (isn't it leased from Peel for 200 years?) and even if we did, it's highly doubtful that would stretch into the river for hydroelectric building purposes I'm not surprised we aren't doing anything on that front. Like you say though we have a great big roof area that you'd think would be ideal to be made up using solar panels for starters.

As I guess we don't own the land anyway (isn't it leased from Peel for 200 years?) and even if we did, it's highly doubtful that would stretch into the river for hydroelectric building purposes I'm not surprised we aren't doing anything on that front. Like you say though we have a great big roof area that you'd think would be ideal to be made up using solar panels for starters.

Yeah very true. I guess with the land being subject to heritage restrictions wind is out of the question too.

You'd think there must be potential at least worth looking at to power the ground by tidal, solar (all that roof space) and/or wind.
Well if it is the same as when I went there will be plenty of wind in the stadium! Solar might be harder because of the weight and the way the panels affect wind flow ( not that wind) being in such an exposed position .

They're already on it.
Liverpool currently generates 26 GWh/yr of its annual energy (electricity and heat) from renewable
sources, about 0.5% of consumption. From 2005 to 2014 the city successfully reduced its per capita
CO2 emissions by 31.63%. However, this renewable electricity production comes from a small range
of technologies (solar photovoltaics (PV), onshore wind and sewage gas). The city must now find
ways to maintain its success in reducing CO2 emissions and increase its renewable energy
generation.
Previous feasibility studies have identified a preferred barrage
location running between Rock Ferry and Dingle. A barrage on the Mersey could generate between
1.0 and 1.5 TWh electricity per year, representing up to two-thirds of Liverpool’s current electricity
requirement.

I doubt they will end up with a barrage. Far to big an effect on the local ecology.