New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why wouldn’t I want it to happen? If it’s okay with you, I’ll start to believe it once the cofferdam has been built & the Dock has been emptied. Don’t like the idea of the car park being attached to stadium tbf, still don’t like the small one in front of the stadium. This ‘lad’ is almost 57 & has been going to watch Everton since about 1966. So please don’t suggest I’m not an Everton
I’m definitely ok

Happy New Year

You’re deffo neither OK, not an Everton fan, lad.

I wonder if they have thought of using wave energy generators ? Could be selling it back to the grid .

They're already on it.
Liverpool currently generates 26 GWh/yr of its annual energy (electricity and heat) from renewable
sources, about 0.5% of consumption. From 2005 to 2014 the city successfully reduced its per capita
CO2 emissions by 31.63%. However, this renewable electricity production comes from a small range
of technologies (solar photovoltaics (PV), onshore wind and sewage gas). The city must now find
ways to maintain its success in reducing CO2 emissions and increase its renewable energy
generation.
Previous feasibility studies have identified a preferred barrage
location running between Rock Ferry and Dingle. A barrage on the Mersey could generate between
1.0 and 1.5 TWh electricity per year, representing up to two-thirds of Liverpool’s current electricity
requirement.

They're already on it.
Liverpool currently generates 26 GWh/yr of its annual energy (electricity and heat) from renewable
sources, about 0.5% of consumption. From 2005 to 2014 the city successfully reduced its per capita
CO2 emissions by 31.63%. However, this renewable electricity production comes from a small range
of technologies (solar photovoltaics (PV), onshore wind and sewage gas). The city must now find
ways to maintain its success in reducing CO2 emissions and increase its renewable energy
generation.
Previous feasibility studies have identified a preferred barrage
location running between Rock Ferry and Dingle. A barrage on the Mersey could generate between
1.0 and 1.5 TWh electricity per year, representing up to two-thirds of Liverpool’s current electricity
requirement.
I was thinking the club could do it along their own seafront it would certainly appease any planning officers gripes.

Would be close seeing we want the minimum distances between the pitch and the stands. A lot of pitches are around 115 yards and with the in goal areas of an American football field you need 120 yards. It could probably be made to work (the depth of the nets of the goals probably take it to about that), width isn't an issue. We would need to block off the first few rows like Wembley has to.

Whether the changing room facilities are big enough would be another factor but I'd hope they would be.

Imho I can't see any NFL games taking place at the stadium though. Much more likely a rugby league game.
I would like the visitors changing room to be the most cramped and uncomfortable in the PL...just like at Goodison. The opposition hate it.

Impossible. Unfortunately, today the use of wave energy is expensive, inefficient and impossible for commercial use.

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/62210/ [/ URL]
Its 'free' so somebody will eventually find a way to make you pay for it.
The tech is not that hard, just big...you turn up and down into round and round and the turbine does the rest...or with lagoons and such the moon shoves it one way through the turbine for you and gravity pulls it back the other.
All thats needed is the political will.
Oh and money, lots and lots of money.
When the power starts to runs out you might be surprised just how quickly the will and money is found