2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all part of the puzzle, Ancelotti's name will make Brands job easier pulling in names. It's not like Marcel had unlimited funds and the will of every player to come here and he can only be judged on what 17 months work? You try attracting the best to a club that finished 8th and didn't even have European football! Whatever it's night and day compared to Walsh.

Like it or not Ancelotti will not be here forever and we might not have a manager of such calibre again, so in this time we need to grow on the field to make life better afterwards and we need some joined up thinking and continuity when managers change.
He's had a level of spending that's incredible for a club like this. £250M he's had and we were bottom three.

The feller is turd.

Hooray. We agree over your first sentence mate. However that scouting department has to report to someone , and that is part of the role of a Director of Football. In the modern game , there are far too many demands to have everything going through the coach / manager, even one as excellent and experienced as Ancelotti. Ancelotti has worked in a DoF environment before , as all top continental coaches have. The days of roles like that occupied by Alex Ferguson and Man Utd are a thing of the past. Our needs revolve around the inter relationship between the Coach / Manager and the DoF. Let's hope that they work well together.
This is the model that is used by all the major franchises in American sports e.g. NFL , NBA , NHL , as well as continental football
D'you know what, there's some absolute tosh spoken about coaches needing a DoF "or theyd be overstrecthed".

I guarantee that any manager would prefer to have the hand on the purse strings to bring through their preferred player. And they dont have to go scouting half way round the world.

The BS talked about this extra layer of 'necessary' bureacracy is staggering. Some supporters seem to accept it without a second's thought.

He knows we are lacking in midfield for weeks if not months..yet probably no activity until late in January if any at all...we could have had somebody ready to come in for the liverpool game...somebody that can provide some creativity which we clearly have been lacking for weeks

Needs to be earning his coin in the January window. We identified targets in the summer and ultimately failed to get them, I'd like to think in the time since we've fully scouted and identified players who can come in and improve us straight away. We've got a few players to shift as well but with the way the league has been so far qualifying for Europe is only a decent run of wins away.

He's had a level of spending that's incredible for a club like this. £250M he's had and we were bottom three.

The feller is turd.

By my calculations it is 40 odd million less than 250.

I would also say of that 90 odd of that on Richarlison, Digne and Gomes is excellent. Gbamin is totally unknown at the moment, Mina and Kean could well be worth the money paid. Bernard, Delph and Iwobi are not bad players. Sidibe could be a steal at the price that has been allegedly been agreed.

Injuries and a bad manager have clouded your judgement. Yes would be great to have an out and out goalscorer and a top defender but have some patience, we are miles better off than we were before Brands rocked up.

D'you know what, there's some absolute tosh spoken about coaches needing a DoF "or theyd be overstrecthed".

I guarantee that any manager would prefer to have the hand on the purse strings to bring through their preferred player. And they dont have to go scouting half way round the world.

The BS talked about this extra layer of 'necessary' bureacracy is staggering. Some supporters seem to accept it without a second's thought.

Like I said mate , this model is used as the normal procedure nearly everywhere in successful continental teams with regard to their coaches / managers.
I know that you won't respond , but give us some evidence of these managers who want to have their hands on the purse strings.
Some evidence would also be helpful to illustrate why all the successful European clubs follow this model , if (according to you) , there is no need for it , when it obviously will incur extra expense for them.

Like I said mate , this model is used as the normal procedure nearly everywhere in successful continental teams with regard to their coaches / managers.
I know that you won't respond , but give us some evidence of these managers who want to have their hands on the purse strings.
Some evidence would also be helpful to illustrate why all the successful European clubs follow this model , if (according to you) , there is no need for it , when it obviously will incur extra expense for them.
You;re making the huge mistake of viewing all DoF type roles in the same way. They aren't one size fits all. Some are in total control of the playing side - which is something like the role we were told Brands would have, including transfers. Others are technical directors. The latter is accceptable in that it doesn't confuse the vision of the squad building process - which should be just the manager's view on that.

You;re making the huge mistake of viewing all DoF type roles in the same way. They aren't one size fits all. Some are in total control of the playing side - which is something like the role we were told Brands would have, including transfers. Others are technical directors. The latter is accceptable in that it doesn't confuse the vision of the squad building process - which should be just the manager's view on that.

I appreciate your views, and thanks for highlighting my huge mistake.
However , as previously asked , can you please show any evidence to back your views regarding "managers wanting to hold the purse strings" or, alternatively , why virtually all successful continental clubs follow the DoF model ?. It would help me , when according to you , this wouldn't work for us at Everton, to explain why having appointed a great manager / coach like Ancelotti, who has worked under such systems previously , and it is different here.

He knows we are lacking in midfield for weeks if not months..yet probably no activity until late in January if any at all...we could have had somebody ready to come in for the liverpool game...somebody that can provide some creativity which we clearly have been lacking for weeks

Ancelotti has only just come in so no, he would not have brought someone in first day of the window would he.

Ancelotti has only just come in so no, he would not have brought someone in first day of the window would he.
Ancelotti can say what he wants but he clearly knows what's missing in this squad...i do not buy the we'll see after january 5th...brand should have a list of players ready to be sign up to be chosen by ancelotti...

By my calculations it is 40 odd million less than 250.

I would also say of that 90 odd of that on Richarlison, Digne and Gomes is excellent. Gbamin is totally unknown at the moment, Mina and Kean could well be worth the money paid. Bernard, Delph and Iwobi are not bad players. Sidibe could be a steal at the price that has been allegedly been agreed.

Injuries and a bad manager have clouded your judgement. Yes would be great to have an out and out goalscorer and a top defender but have some patience, we are miles better off than we were before Brands rocked up.
He's not got a great record here if you're saying half the cash he's spent has been on dubious signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.