Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty well. League title, League Cup, Club records, signed some amazing players that created the foundation for future success.

But sure, Ronald Koeman is the better coach.

lol lol lol

Left City with a mountain of unshiftable dross like Mangala, Bony, Jovetic, Fernando and Navas too, don’t forget that. Pep had to spend £150m on full backs just to start fixing his mess.

West Ham could have accidentally stumbled on an appointment that will actually take them forward. Expectations are low, and Moyes is such a laughing stock that people forget he is actually a very good coach and talent spotter.

A few of his budget suggestions (McGinn, the Sheff Utd lad whose name escapes me who scored the winner against West Ham) are flourishing in the top flight.

Of course it could all go pear shaped, but with Irvine and Pearce he has a solid backroom staff, so I think the odds are that he will handily outperform extremely low expectations.

I
West Ham could have accidentally stumbled on an appointment that will actually take them forward. Expectations are low, and Moyes is such a laughing stock that people forget he is actually a very good coach and talent spotter.

A few of his budget suggestions (McGinn, the Sheff Utd lad whose name escapes me who scored the winner against West Ham) are flourishing in the top flight.

Of course it could all go pear shaped, but with Irvine and Pearce he has a solid backroom staff, so I think the odds are that he will handily outperform extremely low expectations.
Totally depends on the players.

If they see him as expendable then he will be...

Maybe the owners consulted the players (doubtful) and they wanted him back.

He's got to start afresh. Go back to what he did well with us. Since he left he keeps going back to players he knows and that's a terrible formula as the ones he gets are the unwanted ones, with the exception of Fellaini which was a good purchase imo.

If he finds another Stones, Jags, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Coleman level set then he should be sound.

@mods
Do the decent thing...
tenor.gif

Think his time here was massively overrated and in the end despised him but he's done his penance the gods of football have exposed him as a mundane spud so if he does OK at the Hammers it's no skin off my nose. Be a coup if he lasts 12 months for once.

When did we hack West Ham’s polls haha
West Ham always have ideas above their station with their “West Ham Way” nonsense. They got in a guy who plays that style in Pellegrini and it was an absolute disaster with non-elite players.

Would be funny if Moyes did well amidst much unrest, turned it around, and then when they are finally desperate for him to stay he mugs them off to finally go back to Celtic!

Think his time here was massively overrated and in the end despised him but he's done his penance the gods of football have exposed him as a mundane spud so if he does OK at the Hammers it's no skin off my nose. Be a coup if he lasts 12 months for once.
Dunno about that. We were in dire straits when he came in, and not just on the field. We were borrowing money just to have the proverbial pot to **** in!

He's got to start afresh. Go back to what he did well with us. Since he left he keeps going back to players he knows and that's a terrible formula as the ones he gets are the unwanted ones, with the exception of Fellaini which was a good purchase imo.

If he finds another Stones, Jags, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Coleman level set then he should be sound.
In some ways his job is easier than Carlo’s. Expectations are so low for him. Ancelotti has to do really well and, ultimately, win a pot or two to be a real success. It’s going to be really hard to do given how competitive the league is.

In some ways his job is easier than Carlo’s. Expectations are so low for him. Ancelotti has to do really well and, ultimately, win a pot or two to be a real success. It’s going to be really hard to do given how competitive the league is.
Yup, the absolute state of the lower half means any sort of mediocre form and you're Burnley/Brighton and 5 points clear of relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.