2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even consider him to be a yard dog, never seen a CB his size get pushed off the ball like Vardy did to him two or three times last week. He hardly even puts in a tackle or even a foul to be considered a yard dog. He is a confidence player who needs to be binned off cos he is a liability.
Agreed. Tammy Abrahams easily brushed him aside also.

I wish Michael Keane was a yard dog, at least then he’d have a few attributes we could work with.

On us signing him I think it’s a bit of a weird one. He was being talked up in the media and linked to a move back to United and I think very few people would actually have seen him play for Burnley and just went off that. I do remember a few being a bit worried that we turned him inside out home and away (I think) though.

End of the day United didn’t sign him and obviously weren’t in for him, they signed a load of different crap instead and we got a player who only works in a system we’re never going to play in a million years. Mark my words Keane is one of the big problems with that squad, his inability to play a modern system means it doesn’t matter who’s next to him there’s just not going to be a partnership there. Thank God Holgate’s starting to look alright.

It is okay to not give him a chance but we should give Carlo a chance to help him.
Carlo told DCL what is it he must improve and I wonder what he could tell Keane :D

....if you lack quality, you can still go far with attitude. Keane has done remarkably well with little quality and lack of attitude. Good luck to him.

I understand he has a framed picture of Steve Walsh on his bedside table.

Err cos he's completely useless to us.
I think your suggestion of never signing a player if you already have a player for the position, whilst revolutionary won't take off!
I never said that. I think we need a center half, I don't think there's any doubt about that and we need a better one than Keane. There's no doubt about that either but if we're gonna sell him we'll need to bring in two center half's and in January I don't think that's going to happen. So we need to keep Keane as back up for now.

This guy was an automatic starter for England not so long ago. FIRST choice centre back at a World Cup! Now he is like a child with his shoelaces tied together. What the hell happened to this guy?!!!

This guy was an automatic starter for England not so long ago. FIRST choice centre back at a World Cup! Now he is like a child with his shoelaces tied together. What the hell happened to this guy?!!!

Who you on about? Keane has never been an automatic starter for England and pretty sure he's never played at the world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.