Keane
Martina at LB

Schniederlin
Barry after his first season
Klaassen

Bolasie
Cleverley on the weird inside wing thing

Tosun

How can you have Martinez as worst team of the decade manager when he's provided the best PL season ever and best top flight season since 1986/87?

I guess because he inherited a really good side (relatively speaking) from Moyes. Shrewdly brought in Lukaku , but then ruined everything , and obstinately refused to change, which led to two lower half finishes. He also unbelievably brought in Alcaraz , despite previously managing him , and therefore knowing how abysmal he was.

I guess because he inherited a really good side (relatively speaking) from Moyes. Shrewdly brought in Lukaku , but then ruined everything , and obstinately refused to change, which led to two lower half finishes. He also unbelievably brought in Alcaraz , despite previously managing him , and therefore knowing how abysmal he was.
A man who runs up 21 wins in 38 games cant be a worst team of the decade manager. Impossible.

A man who runs up 21 wins in 38 games cant be a worst team of the decade manager. Impossible.

I think that he was an awful manager mate , but he is in such exalted company here with Silva , Koeman and Allardyce , that I am unsure who was truly the worst. Remember he not only was stupid enough to bring in Alcaraz despite knowing how bad he was , he also did the same trick with Kone likewise. I think that his main criticism was that he started at a high point , but managed to take us downhill for 2 consecutive seasons after that. The others never managed to stay in post long enough to perform the same feat. All were abysmal for different reasons. Although Allardyce actually left us in a better position than when he arrived , it was simply unacceptable to stick with him (and quite rightly we got rid of him). The other 3 all left us far worse off. A true managerial Chamber of Horrors , the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.