2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine that actually looking at what a manager has achieved over the last four or five years, For me we should of been looking for a Coach who is ahead of the curve. If we were going to make someone the 3rd best paid coach in Europe then we should of been looking for someone with recent success.
Any examples of who Everton should have gone for instead?

Marcotti having a bit of rant

Going to agree with Marcotti here. Carlo got ousted by the players at Bayern, but had no problems at his other clubs? Sounds like a few of the players had personal issues with him.

Napoli, the president had a power trip and ousted him. Carlo’s had issues with ownership at PSG, Bayern, Napoli. Part of the reason he’s taken the job at Everton, because I believe the owners aren’t a bunch of c****.

You like a manager to win less tropies than he is expected to do ?

Carlo was sacked at Bayern because he underachieved. He was sacked at Napoli because he massively underachieved. Yet people on here are lauding him as the best manager on the planet. Please give the man a chance.
BAYERN
Lets start at Bayern where you say he underachieved to determine what underachieved mean.
Appointed for 2016/17 season - sacked just on 28 Sept 2017
Reason for sacking - 5 Players wnateded him out (Those that were dropped often) - confirmed by Bayern president.
Achievements:
Bundesliga Title (2016-17)
DFL-Supercup (2016)
DFL-Supercup (2017)

NAPOLI

I don't fully understand why he massively underachieved at Napoli. Napoli has won the Serie A twice in their entire history (1986-87 and 1989-90). In his 1st season there he finished 2nd with 11 points adrift and 10 points ahead of 3rd. Napoli having not won the league for almost 30 years I dont see that 2nd position as massively underachieved. If its this season, almost all blame the board and players for that due to a huge fallout between the owner and the players and Ancelotti wanted out before he was sacked.

Why is finishing 2nd in 2017/2018 rated as a Massively Underachieved as Juventus is clearly dominating the leage by some margin.
2018-19 Season - 2nd
1017-18 Season - 2nd
2016-17 Season - 3rd (Roma 2nd)
2015-16 Season - 2nd
2014-15 Season - 5th (Roma 2nd, Lazio 3rd, Fiorentine 4th)

Going to agree with Marcotti here. Carlo got ousted by the players at Bayern, but had no problems at his other clubs? Sounds like a few of the players had personal issues with him.

Napoli, the president had a power trip and ousted him. Carlo’s had issues with ownership at PSG, Bayern, Napoli. Part of the reason he’s taken the job at Everton, because I believe the owners aren’t a bunch of c****.
It wasn’t the management at Bayern, but the players:

“Robben, Neuer, Müller and Boateng as well as Lahm and Alonso last season complained to the Bayern board about Carlo's training methods. They felt he didn't improve the team or the players. Robben specifically said his son received better training with his youth team than Bayern did with Ancelotti. When the players organized individual training sessions on their own, Ancelotti forbade them. Players then moved to a different location for those training sessions.

“His fitness coach was smoking in the locker room and didn't do sufficient warm-up training (according to Kicker: Sometimes only 3 minutes).

“Ahead of the game against PSG, for the first time (!!) during his tenure in Munich, video analysis were made, but their results didn't enter the preparation for the game.

“There was no in-game coaching. All Ancelotti told them during the draw against Wolfsburg at HT was "you have to watch out better".

“Kimmich, Coman and Boateng were thinking about leaving the club.

“The team atmosphere was toxic because Ancelotti seemed to favour the Spanish players without an apparent reason.”

Ancelotti is the best manager we could of got and we got him! If Pep Klopp Simeone left their positions at their respective clubs then I’m pretty sure Ancelotti would be top of their list to replace the 3 mentioned.

Why do we have some fans negative about the appointment?
I’m still waiting for someone to give me a name of a manager thats less of a risk than Ancelotti?

Ancelotti is the best manager we could of got and we got him! If Pep Klopp Simeone left their positions at their respective clubs then I’m pretty sure Ancelotti would be top of their list to replace the 3 mentioned.

Why do we have some fans negative about the appointment?
I’m still waiting for someone to give me a name of a manager thats less of a risk than Ancelotti?
I would say we are very lucky to have gotten Ancelotti - the stars just aligned in our favour at the perfect time.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.