New Everton Stadium Discussion

52k confirmed. I knew it was gonna be this based on previous information but was hoping for some sort of increase.
It puts a slight dampener on it for me.
Other than that, it looks stunning

Rather us sell out every game and make a tonne of money commercially rather than push it too far and have empty seats.

The capacity is not the major reason for the new ground, its the revenue from the facilities that is needed.

Love the design. Am not saying I dont like it, but why is there a water space between the river and the stadium? Keeping a bit of the old dock?

I can't help thinking that setting the stadium back like that makes it less imposing on the river than it otherwise could.

Is 52k capacity including safe standing areas, or will we see an increase if this comes in?

Cosmetic changes, but no increase in capacity. Humbug! Bit disappointed not one of the stands is a double decker stand.
They had that illusion one of the stands was triple decker reverted back to just two banks all 4 stands by the looks of it.
It's a new stadium that will be a game changer I'm sure it will be stunning in the end.

Impressive design. Well done to the club for getting the planning app done on time as stated. Approval and funding now the next big steps.

In the next 6 months we’ll know how this will play out.

Love the design. Am not saying I dont like it, but why is there a water space between the river and the stadium? Keeping a bit of the old dock?

I can't help thinking that setting the stadium back like that makes it less imposing on the river than it otherwise could.

Is 52k capacity including safe standing areas, or will we see an increase if this comes in?
I think they said that they wanted to keep a channel connecting all of the docks still.

Highly unlikely as the current thinking on safe standing is a 1:1 ratio i.e. one seat out, one standing in.
Ergo, no increase on capacity is likely.

Just to add to @GwladysBlue response I think it also helps with the WHS issues.

I’m sure that with modern architectural techniques that if the need to add additional seating becomes a necessity, I’m sure the design will allow for it.

don’t get hung up on small details like 9k seats, when in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. Think about the revenue, all year, the development of derelict area, the building boom this will cause for the northern docks, the infrastructure improvements, the jobs it will create. It’s massive

it’s like getting ancelotti in and moaning it’s not Pep.

turn the clock back 4 years ago and if someone would have offered going into 2020 with:
  1. Carlo Ancelotti as managerand
  2. Planning applications submitted for 52k seater stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey
Would your first response be, well it needs to be 60k+?? Of course not.

up the mighty blues

It can go up to 60k when Safe standing comes in, but as @AndyC mentioned, it all depends on the ratios. It's proven to be safe at a 2:1 ratio in Germany so eventually I think we will see that in England.