Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people here say the betting markets are no real indicator of anything other than a bloke putting a tenner down on a specific individual.

Yet Ancelotti went to 1/12 a week ago with no direct word / confirmation from ITK journalists let alone the club.

Most people here say the betting markets are no real indicator of anything other than a bloke putting a tenner down on a specific individual.

Yet Ancelotti went to 1/12 a week ago with no direct word / confirmation from ITK journalists let alone the club.
And I understand that Periera or whoever was also odds on at one point.

So what did that mean?

So what did that mean?
As per my understanding he probably actually was approached by the club (at which point he went odds on)

Either he then turned us down or we decided to go for Ancelotti.

Either way although he was odds on it was never ‘done deal’ odds on territory like with Ancelotti. More like 4/6 or at best 2/5.

So what did that mean?
Gallardo, Moyes, Periera.. all odds on this time round.

As I've said before, if anyone on here backed Carlo Ancelotti to be our next gaffer, you've had the bet of a lifetime.

As per my understanding he probably actually was approached by the club (at which point he went odds on)

Either he then turned us down or we decided to go for Ancelotti.

Either way although he was odds on it was never ‘done deal’ odds on territory like with Ancelotti.
Mate the bookies have no more info than the rest of us. And there is nowhere near enough money in those markets to indicate anything.

Mate the bookies have no more info than the rest of us. And there is nowhere near enough money in those markets to indicate anything.
The 1/12 price when respected journos were banging the Moyes drum openly says otherwise.

Like I’ve said before, if you did know for sure that a manager was about to sign - and believe me certain people will have known that about Ancelotti - why wouldn’t you hammer the market?

Last edited:

The 1/12 price when respected journos were banging the Moyes drum openly says otherwise.

Like I’ve said before, if you did know for certain that a manager was about to sign - and believe me certain people will have known that about Ancelotti - why wouldn’t you hammer the market?
I knew of a certainty a few months back. It was a tv special. I managed to get on, and was limited to the amounts i could stake. I gave money to other people to put on for me too. The odds didn't shift at all. I posted it on here and the lids who asked me for the info privately, i gave it to them and they obviously won a few bob too and didn't lash the info on Twitter etc.

The bookies sometimes get things wrong.

I can confirm that Carlo will be at goodison, he will be presented to the crowd before the team comes out

remember it was me, I, who spotted him in Lidl and broke the news

kneel before my insider knowledge you peasants
You shop at Lidl. You are the peasant. I will let you know if i see him in Waitrose though.

The Esk put 20 large on and the bookies panicked

I knew of a certainty a few months back. It was a tv special. I managed to get on, and was limited to the amounts i could stake. I gave money to other people to put on for me too. The odds didn't shift at all. I posted it on here and the lids who asked me for the info privately, i gave it to them and they obviously won a few bob too and didn't lash the info on Twitter etc.

The bookies sometimes get things wrong.
Was this The Apprentice winner

Status
Not open for further replies.