Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any doubts on whether Carlo Ancelotti is the right appointment for this club, I encourage you to read his book - Quiet Leadership (written just before his Bayern stint). He is everything Everton could want in a manager right now. I'll post some insights from the book -

* He's genuinely well liked by most of the players because he tries to build a personal relationship with all his players.
* His football style is to be in tune with the club's culture, president and fans expectations.
* He prefers 4-4-2.
* He speaks a number of languages including, Italian, English, Spanish (French?, German?)
* Sometimes he's viewed as 'soft' by owners, who expects him to be harsher on players, but he prefers to protect his players.
* He prefers a family style club (Parma, AC Milan) rather than the big business type clubs like (Juventus, Real Madrid).
* He was excited about PSG, because he was going to be looking at building things long term, but a few bad results in the second year, and then the president of PSG gave him an ultimatum of 'win or be sacked' before a game and that hurt the relationship.
* He ended up very successful at all his clubs, but was sacked pretty quickly in many of them except for AC Milan. Part of this is because imo, the owners wanted him to be stricter.
* He's managed literally more big names than anyone in football right now - Rivaldo, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Pirlo, Bale, Modric

I can't believe anyone would say Everton is not the right job for Carlo Ancelotti, he would do just fine managing ANY team. I think he genuinely wants the Everton job, because he knows Everton gives their managers plenty of time if its the right thing to do, and nowhere in his book does he ever write about chasing championships, or only managing top clubs, or personal glory. He genuinely enjoys managing footballers, and I'm sure he looks at the Everton squad and likes the character of our team, our values and our culture and sees he can work with it. Pundits saying he needs talent or he can't be successful are dead wrong if they actually read his book, they might find that he gets the best out of players because that's what he's good at. That's what Everton need right now. He's going to pass on all that he's learnt at the top clubs and ingrain it into the club. With the current squad he's not going to win the prem this year or the next, but he's going to get Everton winning again.
Who told him we give managers plenty of time, we've had like 8 managers in the past year, it's been a revolving door of managers.

Possibly the most successful incoming manager in premier league history.

It’s debatable between him and Pep, Pep had more domestic titles, but all with Bayern and Barca on the spin. Carlo has one more European cup, and has actually won the premier league.
Pep had a much bigger overall impact on the game than Ancelotti.

Who told him we give managers plenty of time, we've had like 8 managers in the past year, it's been a revolving door of managers.

Many of those managers stayed way longer than expected. Fans were calling the sack for Martinez, Koeman, Moyes, Silva for a good while before they were eventually relieved of their job.

Conversely Carlo has been sacked far quicker for far less. He went on a 22 match winning streak at Real in the same season and finished second and got the sack. The week he got PSG and Napoli thru the group stages he got sacked. He got sacked 1 month into his second season at Bayern (apparently 5 players wanted him out). He got sacked finishing second at Chelsea, mostly because Abramovich was an ass and needed a power trip. On the other hand in Milan, he was well liked by the owner even though he only won one league title (and 2 champions league titles) in 8 years. Basically I think the other owners at the big clubs didn’t like him, I’m guessing he sided with the players (just like what happened with Napoli I guess). And this is why, I think, he has no reason not to choose a club like Everton, the ownership is vastly different to those other clubs.

Moshiri, Usmanov? Everton maybe doubling down on the most expensive of the last 3(?) ever increasingly expensive false dawns
This has to work better than the last 3 - or else.

Status
Not open for further replies.