Media attitude towards Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats confirmed the bias to me is when we were playing *the brown stuff* under silva and the pressure was building on him basically turning into a waiting game for his sacking in the end, there wasnt much media attention towards it and I genuinely think thats because thats where the media wants us. Now you imagine that happening at like united, leicester or possibly even newcastle (Dont even have to say the RS cause they can do no wrong in the eyes of the media).... theyd be all over it

Most media have been pretty sound with us potentially appointing Ancelotti. The ones making the loudest noises voicing their “concerns” and offering their “opinions” on the subject are red shyte journalists or ex red shyte players.
Sadly they make up about 80% of broadcasters. Doesn't bother me tbf just another example of what absolute wrong uns support them

They grew up being suckled on the teet of endless kopite success being constantly told how they were the greatest team in the world. Then their neighbours across the park came from nowhere and blew away one of their greatest teams in history. Some of them have never ever forgiven that. They can’t get over it, and they live in paranoia of the day Everton are back on top again. That’s why they will always be obsessed with us no matter how poor we are doing or how far ahead of us they are.

what I find weird is the RS I know , most of whom actually go the game , have actually been pretty sound about it respecting his record and saying what a good appointment it is . It’s only the online weirdos , mostly from Bergen or Plymouth who’ve been to anfield less than me who seem so odd about it .
I work with a couple of 'old school' kopites, one is a season ticket holder. Their reaction the other day was to laugh and say 'as if you'll get Ancelotti'. None of them like it.

I work with a couple of 'old school' kopites, one is a season ticket holder. Their reaction the other day was to laugh and say 'as if you'll get Ancelotti'. None of them like it.

I think before it looked like we’d get him most of them thought that and dismissed it such . I’ve seen somebody here write the ones who’ve dismissed it like that are pretty much the ones now saying how it’s a bad move . Go figure .

Most kopites I know, including family, friends and work colleagues seem pretty impressed with his potential employment with us. They want to tag us, want to beat us, take the proverbial etc, but also, strangely and not in a patronising way, want us to do better than we are at the moment. Though not as well as them obviously. They would also love it if we got relegated. Go figure. Think it’s just the media and out of towners who spout rubbish. The new stadium and new manager potentially is making people realise we are serious at last. Instead of flapping about like second eaters as we have done for over 20 years. And whenever I’ve been to matched abroad and said I’m an Everton Ian, the reaction from fans is always positive. The words footballing royalty are often mentioned. About time we made a serious attempt to regain our throne. It’s been far too long

It's OK to question the appointment of a manager and his ambition. We shouldn't be too precious about what others think. The league is littered with great hopes that never materialised. We will not be in the champions league next season. Yet the task that Ancelotti will have is to qualify us for the champions league within 3 years. He lives for champions league and we have never actually qualified for it in the PL years...

Also what is Ancelotti's record for developing youth (which most us believe is essential for our long term financial health and potential success)? There are many questions to ask and Everton and it's fans will have to start creating a culture now that we are destined for the CL and competing strongly in the league, heading for great things, if we are to get anywhere close to it.

Most kopites I know, including family, friends and work colleagues seem pretty impressed with his potential employment with us. They want to tag us, want to beat us, take the proverbial etc, but also, strangely and not in a patronising way, want us to do better than we are at the moment. Though not as well as them obviously. They would also love it if we got relegated. Go figure. Think it’s just the media and out of towners who spout rubbish. The new stadium and new manager potentially is making people realise we are serious at last. Instead of flapping about like second eaters as we have done for over 20 years. And whenever I’ve been to matched abroad and said I’m an Everton Ian, the reaction from fans is always positive. The words footballing royalty are often mentioned. About time we made a serious attempt to regain our throne. It’s been far too long
They are the most patronising bunch of kin f...wits you will ever come across, and all that rubbish about them wanting us to do well is utter bollox.

They are the most patronising bunch of kin f...wits you will ever come across, and all that rubbish about them wanting us to do well is utter bollox.
I don't agree at all. They love the banter and so do I. I think there is great friendliness that exists between fans. For all the idiots that wish us ill, I could show you scores that dream of this city's representatives doing well and scrapping it out between them for the best prizes. I know that because I feel the same. If Everton cannot win, I hope that Liverpool do win and bring the trophies home. They are a benchmark for us and we are for them, but it doesn't mean we need to fear them and certainly not hate them. There are many idiot supporters wearing red as there are supporting blue, but the vast majority are decent and good people - they are our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.