Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's spot on that.

If people want worse than Moyes footy, fill yer boots.

They'll be sick of it in a month's time. It's backwards and agricultural....and everyone knows it.

I'm enjoying the Everton boys showing some fight D-Man, but the style ain't great overall – even though we did have some really nice passages of play yesterday.

Will it work past this week? Well, who knows. That's why I'm reluctant to say jump in and try it out full-time. If the man himself admits that he shouldn't really have the job, why should we try and force it upon him? His opposite number yesterday has gone through all that.

It's spot on that.

They'll be sick of it in a month's time. It's backwards and agricultural....and everyone knows it.

If you're sick in watching a team playing with passion then you need to give up watching football.

I think there's more to Ferguson than what people have given him credit for. It's no co-incidence that his team got points at Chelsea and Man Utd. His team playing on another level despite a decimated squad. Let's take his game for each moment and see what he's got to offer.

It's spot on that.

I think you are being a bit simplistic Dave. When you have several midfielders injured/sick, and basically one fit midfielder, is there any point in playing the ball through the midfield?

How about we bypass, get the ball straight to DCL and Richy, and let them work from there.

If he is still here in 2020, and slowly getting his midfielders back and we play against the more defensive teams at home, and he still applies the same tactics, then you can rightfully have a go at him.

If you doesn't and wins some of those matches by playing with "non agricultural" tactics, then you would have to rethink your words here.

People like yourself that wanted Silva to be given more time because he did well for a few games last season and hoped he could do it for a whole season.

We can see from Ferguson's 2004 tactics he isn't up to it in the long run. The derby in Jan should be his last game, then we being in ancelotti

We’ve got a squad of 26 players (including Niasse, Martina & Baningime). From that 26, 8 (Delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sidibe, Gomes, Gbamin & Baningime) were unavailable due to illness and Injury, 2 (Sigurdsson & Sidibe) of which became unavailable the night before the game, 6 were returning from injury or time out of the first team (Baines, Coleman, Digne, Mina, Niasse & Martina) - 1 (Digne) of which got injured during the game, 4 (Niasse, Martina, Gordon & Baningime) haven’t touched a ball for the first team all season and 3 are keepers.

Despite that, he’s just took the team with the worst away record in the league, to an in-form United side at Old Trafford and got a draw. And you’re complaining about his tactics‍

I take the point but there is £60million worth of CM on the treatment table at the minute and he’s trying to scrap for results. Once we get out of this run and get people back from injury or transferred in Jan then things can progress. Hopefully under an experienced manager.

He is not going to be the full time manager, we know trhat but he is stepping and was able to some degree stop the Silva rot. AS I said to Dave if not for him who else was there to stand in?

People like yourself that wanted Silva to be given more time because he did well for a few games last season and hoped he could do it for a whole season.

We can see from Ferguson's 2004 tactics he isn't up to it in the long run. The derby in Jan should be his last game, then we being in ancelotti
Have you checked my posts on Marco Silva ?

I would advise you to do so before you describe me as " people like you".

You are generally regarded as a Liverpool supporters who doesn't have the gumption to admit it, so there probably are not that many would take the opinion of " somebody like you that seriously.

Love his passion, running up and down the line, jumping in the air, fist pumping, then realised how I laughed and slagged off Klopp for doing the same thing. God, how fickle we are.
I have been using Klopp and Guardiola for months as the example to follow. I am convinced their involvement add a couple of % points to the teams performance.

We’ve got a squad of 26 players (including Niasse, Martina & Baningime). From that 26, 8 (Delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sidibe, Gomes, Gbamin & Baningime) were unavailable due to illness and Injury, 2 (Sigurdsson & Sidibe) of which became unavailable the night before the game, 6 were returning from injury or time out of the first team (Baines, Coleman, Digne, Mina, Niasse & Martina) - 1 (Digne) of which got injured during the game, 4 (Niasse, Martina, Gordon & Baningime) haven’t touched a ball for the first team all season and 3 are keepers.

Despite that, he’s just took the team with the worst away record in the league, to an in-form United side at Old Trafford and got a draw. And you’re complaining about his tactics‍

People with an agenda will always find a way to squeeze out an argument that fits their view. A bloke who'd previously never managed a game in his life has got us four points from Chelsea and United. That's the bottom line. No one should be complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.