Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boss Duncan Ferguson expands a little more on his decision to substitute Moise Kean after just 18 minutes: "I thought he had not quite got into the pace of the game.

"Also, I have so many attackers on the bench I just needed to make a change to waste a bit of time. It is nothing to do with the player."

____

Sorry Dunc, but that's not good management. Hope you learn from this as you have done a great job so far.
And if it were even a little bit true he wouldn’t have blanked him

This was not what Brands was thinking when he promised his mum that we'll look after him. Any confidence will have drained away now, we knew he already had issues and this is the final nail in the coffin. He'll now be a further disruption at the club until he is binned off for a cut rate price.

If he came on at half time and there was still 20 or so minutes left then Dunc would have probably been justified to sub him but with a few minutes left it's just made a story of something that shouldn't have been.

Everton fans: We’re too soft, we need ruthless winners. Schneiderlin should be Tied to a stake so we can all beat him because he doesn’t bleed for the cause.

Everton fans when someone is dragged off after making more fouls than passes: No need, totally uncalled for, poor lad.

To be fair mate there is a fair amount of middle ground between the two approaches. He could quite easily have “ruthlessly” torn Kean a new one in the dressing room after the match. Making an example of him on the pitch during a televised game is appalling man management as far as I’m concerned.

I'm wondering if Kean was the cause for dropping two points at Old Trafford. You'd expect every Everton player to put in an extra shift under the circumstances. As soon as one player decides to drop his work it gives the opportunity for Man Utd to take control. It's no co-incident Man U scored while Kean was on the pitch.

Shame Niasse didn't come on instead of Kean otherwise we would have secured three points and perhaps scored another goal to take the pressure off

This was not what Brands was thinking when he promised his mum that we'll look after him. Any confidence will have drained away now, we knew he already had issues and this is the final nail in the coffin. He'll now be a further disruption at the club until he is binned off for a cut rate price.

If he came on at half time and there was still 20 or so minutes left then Dunc would have probably been justified to sub him but with a few minutes left it's just made a story of something that shouldn't have been.

Oh I forgot we promised his mum

Just let him walk about then

You can say it was poor man management from Big Dunc if you want, but spare me the whole "he's a kid" BS. He's a nineteen year old man that will be twenty in just two mouths, some of us had been working full time in a much less nicer environments with much nastier bosses for years at his age. Honestly, you'd think he was a school kid the way some on here are waffling
I had bosses be knobs to me at 19. I may have even deserved it. But I never remember being publicly humiliated in front of millions. Also those bosses giving me crap at 19 were knobs.

But he didn't repeatedly tell him anything

It’s evident to me, perhaps not to you, that this isn’t the first time that Dunc has admonished young Moise about his efforts and attitude.

Nor is it the first time the club has done so.

I think it’s obvious he sent him on the pitch with a clear instruction to press and hurry United’s defence, force errors, waste time and stop them pushing everyone forward in search of the winner.

He came on and, clearly by Ferguson’s standards, he didn’t do his teammates justice.

I can’t believe he’s being defended. 100% the correct decision.

Everton boss Duncan Ferguson expands a little more on his decision to substitute Moise Kean after just 18 minutes: "I thought he had not quite got into the pace of the game.

"Also, I have so many attackers on the bench I just needed to make a change to waste a bit of time. It is nothing to do with the player."

____

Sorry Dunc, but that's not good management. Hope you learn from this as you have done a great job so far.

Always amazes me how people take words from people in the game at face value and fail to read between the lines.

To be fair mate there is a fair amount of middle ground between the two approaches. He could quite easily have “ruthlessly” torn Kean a new one in the dressing room after the match. Making an example of him on the pitch during a televised game is appalling man management as far as I’m concerned.
But of course we have no idea whether that normally happens do we? For all you know silva might have been a tyrant behind closed doors, but it never stopped people complaining that he needed to do more of it. People say we’re not ruthless because they don’t see it happening. Now they have seen it happen and they don’t like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.