Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentator stated Keen down the middle - DCL out on the right-hand seemed to play on the right mostly As he is never a CF imomzybe missed was the correct sub from day one and big Dunc noticed it notdoingashe was told off he went - a strange one really ......

still think we could have/should have got more than a point, Man Utd was there for the taking, poor poor display. Sure amount of injuries and all nice point in the end but still bitter feeling for me.

It's not about the player it's about the optics of the move to future players and managers we have to deal with to try and sign. It was a poor decision and should have been handled differently. Don't put him on and create this possible scenario if you can't trust him. Don't drew him for crying out loud. Our transfer options will suffer because of it this move.
Well said. Kean has a big name, big mouth agent. If Dunc is still in charge, every agent with promising players as clients will shun Everton.
Brands won't be happy with this. The squad will be unhappy over this as well.

Delighted with the result but there’s a lot of outcome bias in this thread. We probably should have lost the game and didn’t create a single decent scoring chance. We had injuries etc and did what we could given personnel — Dunc needs praise for coming up with two good strategies — but it’s clear that we’ve had the rub of the green in the last two games. Yes, i know we didn’t get much in the Silva but of the season and some of it comes from working harder. But it won’t last forever and we still need to fix the big medium term issue.
Which is ?

Disagree, there's a clear message for all to see. No player is bigger than the club; he plays the way he's asked to play or he can play for someone else. He's 19 - does he think he knows better than the manager.

The optics are crystal clear - nothing but the best is good enough

We agree on that it is indeed a clear message for all to see. I honestly hope you are right Mikey but I fear the worst. Also agree no players is bigger than the club. Just think the way this was handled was really poor.

Nice to see the effort, and it's amazing what happens when you just put a shift in. Thought we were sloppy in the final third but overall happy with the point.

Funny to me that people think pulling Kean will somehow ruin our transfer business going forward. I thought the move was odd but not that big of a deal

Disagree, there's a clear message for all to see. No player is bigger than the club; he plays the way he's asked to play or he can play for someone else. He's 19 - does he think he knows better than the manager.

The optics are crystal clear - nothing but the best is good enough
Would a Pep or a Klopp do such a thing? Ask yourself that.
Unless the player has completely lost it, think Marcelo/Fred levels shockers at the Brazil WC SF, no good manager would take such a move. This is only his second game as manager!!
Kean didn't have a shocking performance to be subbed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.